Akatyay's Massive Headphone Review Thread
Dec 1, 2015 at 9:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

akatyay

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

So, I don't know exactly where to begin with this as I'm not a frequent poster on these forums (or really any forums, pro lurker always).  But I've gotten so much from Head-fi (and other audio sites, blogs, etc.) that I want to try and give back. 

The main goal of this thread will be to review/list headphones that I've tried or owned (alongside some IEMs and Amps/DACs) and hopefully convince some folks what they should/shouldn't buy.  

Little background about me: I've only been in the "audiophile" game for about 2 years and recently started working full-time which has given me the opportunity to really pursue my hobbies.  My hearing is probably very average, but I *know* what I like and I *know* what I don't like so there's that. In the past I've reviewed a few things, but I think I have a more critical ear/mind now so I will try to be as honest as I can.  

This will be a work in progress so I'll be reserving a few posts for the future as well.

Reviews to come:

Senn HD650 (Own)
Senn HD600 (tried)
Senn HD598 (Owned)
Beyer DT990 (Owned)
Soundmagic Hp200 (Own)
MrSpeakers MadDogs 3.2 (Own)
MrSpeakers Alpha Prime (Own)
MrSpeakers Ether (Own)
AKG x Massdrop K7xx (Own)
Fostex Th-X00 (will own)

Schiit Modi
Schiit Vali
Schiit Asgard 2
Oppo HA-1
Grace Design M9xx

Carbo Tenore
TTPod T1e
Aurisonics Rockets
Xiomi Pistons 2
Xiomi Pistons 3
Havi B-3 

If anyone wants a direct comparison of any of these combos in the future, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Otherwise, looking forward to expanding this in weeks/months to come.

-AK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back