AK70 repair advice - Sussex, UK
May 22, 2021 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

msknight

100+ Head-Fier
I have an AK70, model PPE12 and it looks like I've managed to short the headphone socket and blown something inside. It works find and plays over bluetooth.

Well outside warranty and I was wondering whether anyone had any wisdom concerning getting it repaired, places to try, places to avoid, past experience with A&K repairs, that sort of thing.

Grateful for any experience people can share.

EDIT - I think I should have posted this in another forum. Could someone move it please as I don't seem to be able to delete it or move it myself.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #6 of 8
Hi Michelle,

I have used AK repair service in Germany, when I kept pressing the power button it would cut out and shut down on my AK 380, I sent it to Germany from the U.K. and that repair cost me €20 and while it was there I decided to have a new battery fitted and that cost me €40.

You contact them via e mail first and let them know the problem, they will send you a form in a attachment you have to print it out and fill in the form with all your details, don’t fill out the form on your computer or laptop as they will not accept it.

I got mine back within two weeks, sent it recorded delivery and insured it.

I will find the details and send them to you.

Excellent service.

Hope that helps ,

Tony

May 22, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #7 of 8
Hi Michelle,

I have used AK repair service in Germany, when I kept pressing the power button it would cut out and shut down on my AK 380, I sent it to Germany from the U.K. and that repair cost me €20 and while it was there I decided to have a new battery fitted and that cost me €40.

You contact them via e mail first and let them know the problem, they will send you a form in a attachment you have to print it out and fill in the form with all your details, don’t fill out the form on your computer or laptop as they will not accept it.

I got mine back within two weeks, sent it recorded delivery and insured it.

I will find the details and send them to you.

Excellent service.

Hope that helps ,

Tony
Thanks. That would be a great help.

Jun 12, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 8
3,5mm socket on mine once failed within warranty. Repaired in Germany, but it failed again after a year or so.
2,5mm socket still works (barely used it). Somehow, a bit disappointed in the mechanical quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back