AK100 Power Issue
Jul 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

alishafai

100+ Head-Fier
I've had my AK100 for about 3 weeks and I have a problem with power on the device. I've set it so that it automatically shuts-off after one of the set thresholds. What happens with that is that [most] of the time, when it shuts off I can't turn it back on [unless] I plug it into the USP port of the PC to kick-start it!!

In each instance, there is ample battery in the device, so this should not be happening. I updated to the latest firmware [2.01], as iRiver instructed me to, but last night the same thing happened again.

Anyone else having this issue? OR is there a remedy for this or do I have a defective unit?

Thanks. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
I've had my AK100 for about 3 weeks and I have a problem with power on the device. I've set it so that it automatically shuts-off after one of the set thresholds. What happens with that is that [most] of the time, when it shuts off I can't turn it back on [unless] I plug it into the USP port of the PC to kick-start it!!

In each instance, there is ample battery in the device, so this should not be happening. I updated to the latest firmware [2.01], as iRiver instructed me to, but last night the same thing happened again.

Anyone else having this issue? OR is there a remedy for this or do I have a defective unit?

Thanks. 

Go to setting-power and change the auto shut off setting. Originally, I think it's set to shut off after 30mins.

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 8
So, are you saying that the auto shut off makes it so that you cannot turn it back on without plugging into the USB port? Because that's what is happening and it shouldn't be. This also happens when it's been powered off for many hours, like overnight.

iRiver told me yesterday to return it as it sounds like its defective.

Thanks for your response.

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
So, are you saying that the auto shut off makes it so that you cannot turn it back on without plugging into the USB port? Because that's what is happening and it shouldn't be. This also happens when it's been powered off for many hours, like overnight.

iRiver told me yesterday to return it as it sounds like its defective.

Thanks for your response.

Call them and they will replace( fix ) your unit as it is still under the warranty.
I had issues with AK120 next song button before  and iRiver UK been very helpful to me.

Aug 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 8
Yes, I have the same problem.
The AK100 sometimes will hang and not be able to turn on.
The buttons become unresponsive when the battery is low and music skips.
I am getting mad about this since i payed alot for this.

The strange thing is even if the battery is charged fully, the music will play but the buttons on the side (foward, reverse, stop)
only the on off button works.

I think it is the software issue so i will try downgrading the firmware to test it out.

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #8 of 8
It sounds like you have a defective unit. I had the same problem with mine and the resolution was to send it back and get a new unit. Since I got the new unit, I have had no trouble with this issue at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back