AK100 - How to delete files and synchronise
Sep 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ChrisMcG

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am struggling to free space on my AK100 despite having deleted files in the AK100 file (attached as USB) when the unit is attached to my Mac. Keeps saying that there is not enough disk space. AK100 says 9.39mb left / 29.28GB used. However I have deleted a lot of HiRes files and want to replace them with alternative files.

Can anyone advise how ensure they delete of the A&K? The A&K manual does not explain this functionality properly.

Irver has been less than helpful i.e. cannot get a response despite several emails.

Regards,
Chris.

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 6
Empty the Trash while the device is attached to your computer.

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 6
Spadge,

Thanks, but that won't work for me unless i misunderstand your suggestion.

I have taken the files off the AK and deposited in file on my hard drive Mac. There are no relevant files to be trashed, unless you are saying clear your trash to make this work anyway.

Could you clarify please?

Regards,
Chris.

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 6
Let me jump in here...
It´s quite simple.
If you just drag the files from the AK volume to your mac they will be copied, not moved.
If you put them in trash from the AK they wont´t be deleted because Mac OS reserves the space used by files moved to trash (these files are only hidden).
In case of SD cards the space will not be freed unless you empty the trash bin with the mounted AK / SD card (every Volume has its own trash bin).

I hope it will be clear now?

greets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back