AK100 + Heir Audio A.4i and Aurisonics ASG1.2
May 15, 2013 at 9:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jason36

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I am thinking about getting an iRiver AK100 but have been reading a lot of potential issues with regards to the output of 22Ohm.

I would be looking at using this with Heir Audio A.4i / Aurisonics ASG 1.2 / Beyer T70p

These are all rather low impedance IEM's and headphones and wondered if anyone could advise on whether these would pair with the AK100 before I spend my hard earned.

Also would amping the AK100 make any difference - portable amps would be either an ALO National or ALO Rx Mk3-B? Not sure what benefits you would get from using an additional amp with the AK100. I assume connection would be a standard 3.5 mini to mini cable?

Please help and advise :)

Jason

May 15, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 4
I used the AK100 unmodded with the 4.ai. It dropped the bass impact down to levels I was unhappy with. I got the Ak100 modded to an RWAK100 and the bass impact came back (same impact as the ipod classic but with more detail and tighter).

I don't recommend the AK100 with the 4.ai and I think the price for the RWAK100 is a bit much considering it can't fix the software issues (no gapless, poor playlist support and creation, long start times) So i ended up selling the thing. 

May 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I used the AK100 unmodded with the 4.ai. It dropped the bass impact down to levels I was unhappy with. I got the Ak100 modded to an RWAK100 and the bass impact came back (same impact as the ipod classic but with more detail and tighter).

I don't recommend the AK100 with the 4.ai and I think the price for the RWAK100 is a bit much considering it can't fix the software issues (no gapless, poor playlist support and creation, long start times) So i ended up selling the thing. 

Interesting that you sold the AK100 and not the 4ai - says volumes about those IEM's
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back