AK Roxanne II IEMs problem
Dec 15, 2018 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

adrian.sandu092

New Head-Fier
I am experiencing some rather strange issues with these IEMs which result in a bad and unpleasant experience using them. I usually listen to some music for an hour before bed. I always try to remove them before falling asleep.
In the next evening, they sometimes sound awful and stuffy. I go ahead and clean them with a Jodi Vac Pro and they sound better. But this happens ever so often. They do not seem to have any visible filters and I have purchased comply tips which don't have filters either (the manufacturer included the same ones in the packaging). I try to clean my ears properly before using them, but I am still experiencing this issue. I place them on the bedside drawer overnight and deposit them in a box with silica gel pouches in the morning.

The IEMs are Astell & Kern Roxanne II and the player I'm using is the AK Ultima SP1000. The player works properly as I tried testing it with some Over-ear headphones and it sounds fine. I have also tested the IEMs on a different device and they do sound a bit stuffy as well.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? It just does not seem normal to clean them once every few days.
Sometimes, cleaning them with the jodi-vac does not seem to do much either, leading me to believe there are some cables inside causing the problem or maybe the drivers. Both the 2.5mm and 3.5mm stock cables have the same problem, so it's not them.

Is it worth sending them for cleaning or maybe a repair? They are still under warranty.
Does anyone have any information on how to apply for a warranty for AK in the United Kingdom?

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #2 of 4
I think your Comply tips may be covering up one or more sound bores on occasion when they expand in your ear canals. Try using silicon tips and see if the same problem persists.

Dec 15, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 4
I think your Comply tips may be covering up one or more sound bores on occasion when they expand in your ear canals. Try using silicon tips and see if the same problem persists.

Thank you. That seems very plausible! I really like the comply tips, as I've always had "compatibility" issues with spiral dot / spin fits, even with the large sizes, but I'll give them a try next time the IEMs are driving me insane.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back