AK Connect drop out with A+K Kann Alpha after few minutes
Jan 20, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #16 of 21
Excellent! I’m glad you have found a resolve. It is a shame though that the rest of us will probably have to invest in a new Router if we want to avoid the ‘drop out’ that is still an ongoing Issue. I am surprised that this has not been resolved finally via a Firmware update. It seems that if A&K do not encounter the issue themselves they will not concern themselves of it. I know this as I had an Alpha that dropped out internet connection after about 15 minutes of streaming. A&K investigated on their side, could not replicate the issue on their side, so that was that. Yup…..
For those who expience drop-outs when streaming fom a NAS, there is a somewhat clumsy solution. Set the A&K device to "Blutooth Sync" mode. In this configuration, when paired with a playback device such as a mobile phone running VLC, the A&K device acts as a Blutooth DAC and the media can be monitored via wired headphones.

Mar 25, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #18 of 21
Fixed!

My Kann Alpha did a firmware update this week and now streams from the router perfectly.

Took a while...
Yay!! Only took them about a year to fix... hopefully its an ongong and stable connection for you. I'm so glad you now have a fully operational Kann Alpha to enjoy music 🎶

May 6, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #20 of 21
I just bought the alpha upgraded the firmware but was having dropouts all the time,I went into my vodaphone router and split the ssid channels 2.4 and 5ghz and now it is stable,but really this device should have came with both.

May 6, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #21 of 21
I just bought the alpha upgraded the firmware but was having dropouts all the time,I went into my vodaphone router and split the ssid channels 2.4 and 5ghz and now it is stable,but really this device should have came with both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back