AK Astell & Kern Recorder PRF11 owners thread
Sep 7, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #16 of 18
I bought a AK380 and the AK recorder to convert some vinyl to DSD. Unfortunately I'm finding the noise / distortion level of the recorded tracks to be higher than they should be. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a hardware problem. My rig is SME Mod XV - Transparent Ultra Phono - Nagra VPS - Transparent Ultra RCA - Ugreen 3.5mm Male to 2 RCA Female - AK Recorder (line in).

Maybe the problem is on the connection between the Ugreen and Transparent cables, but I still couldn't find a good RCA Y cable.

Also, when I upload the track to Gracenote it never splits all the songs, only some. Even though the Album name, Cover art and some songs names are tagged, at least 2 or more songs stay merged. Is there a way to edit/split the file on the player? The ipad software allows me to split the tracks while recording, but that takes away a lot of the convenience of the package, as I need to be always checking when each song ends.

Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #17 of 18
Anyone still using this recorder?

I'd never tried the AK recorder app before so am trying it now..

.. however, I can't get it to see the device. AK connect is enabled etc.

Does anyone have any tips?

Sep 20, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #18 of 18
I know the cables bundled with the ak recorder were wired incorrectly. Although they work when I use Scheops mics into the recorders mic amps I am unable to use apogee mini me as mic amp and dac and use the aes function to store the data on the recorder. Any one else have this problem or has anyone else gotten the aes function to work on the recorder? It seems to track sample rate changes but wont record when commanded. It just sits at 0. I really wanted this to work as I do a lot of venue recordings and the portability of the Ak Recorder is great but the amps are slightly anemic sounding . Thanks for any experiences with the aes function .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back