Aiwa VX600's available in US....are they = VX100
Sep 14, 2002 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Robster1958

100+ Head-Fier
i just read all the posts from searching for a decently isolating earbud. i have the senn500's but they actually end up hurting my ear. plus i don't need (want) the inline volume, since i just got my new iPod with the remote. <see portable audio forum for my mini-review of the new iPod>.

although price is not an issue...., before anyone says Etymotic, i went to Headroom's tour and tried them out (4's and 6's)...and they weren't for me. i would love the Stax in ear's but i don't want the hassle of the amp.

basically i want great (or as good as it gets) earbud sound for riding the train with my iPod. in addition to the mx500's, my portables are the koss 35's....which are great but have the hard-to-put-on problem (for me), plus leak a little too much for my passengers' comfort.

anyhow, i'm gonna get sporta or porta pros plus a new set of buds. like most on this board, i get obsessed.....this iPod is great!

thank to all the great posts here, i have decided to get the Aiwa vx100's from audiocubes. but then, some of these posts were a few months old...and someone mentioned a US clone coming out soon...the vx600. is that indeed available now? is it the exact same? especially i like the short cord...since the iPod remote is already lengthy.

Sep 15, 2002 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 6
exactly the same as vx100?

on amazon...19.95...aiwa vx600. no reviews. ships in 2-3 days.

confused.gif

Sep 15, 2002 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 6
The US version, V600, has a long cord. The Japanese version, VX100, has a short cord. They are supposed to be the exact same, but for some reason my gut tells me the Japanese version probably has a little better quality. I say this because on the Minidisc T board (alot of posts on the VX100/V600) , people's reactions seemed better to the VX100 than to the V600. I called Aiwa USA to see if they had the V600's and they were out and expected their new stock in a month or so--same with outpost.com. Sounds to me like you should go for the VX100's. I am going to wait till they hit the brick and mortar's in the USA; I always like to have the option of returning them. Last thing, and I know I will get killed for this, but you also may want to do a side by side comparison with the Sony EX-70's. Most people on this board feel the Aiwa's are much better (cheaper too), but some people feel the bass, isolation, and fit on the EX70's is more what they are looking for and are willing to sacrifice a little clarity. I personally have the EX70's and I love them, but I will get a pair of v600's to see how they compare when they are available near me. Audiocubes.com also sells a short cord version of the EX70's.

Sep 15, 2002 at 2:24 PM Post #5 of 6
thanks. i def. want the short cord. so i'll order the vx100's from audiocubes.

and what the heck..i'll prob. order the sony's too.....especially if the $10 shipping covers both!

Sep 15, 2002 at 4:51 PM Post #6 of 6
Robster1958
HI: i have the vx 100 but they are not real clear sounding. The portapro are way better. ear-buds just don't have it except for the etys. So a v6 would be nice but i use the portapros and you can keep the volume down in transit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back