Aiwa HP-VX100 vs Senns MX500
Aug 30, 2002 at 11:58 PM Post #31 of 40
I think that the aiwa vx-100 isolate about the same as the ex-70. But sound alot better for what they are over the ex-70. If you want better mids there are the portapros, ksc35s, and the new pro 1 all wich sound much better than these ear buds. The new pro 1 cost 20.00 at borders book store and borders will shipp them with the use of a credit card.

Aug 31, 2002 at 7:30 AM Post #32 of 40
OH BY THE WAY:

the US model hp-v600 DOES NOT come with an extension cord
frown.gif
kinda made me mad.

i will look into the pro 1, etc....but for now, my sennheiser 212pros should suffice when im not on the road.

Aug 31, 2002 at 6:39 PM Post #33 of 40
Bass, bass, bass, bass, oh yeah did I mention BASS!

These phones have way too much bass. The sound is way too muddy for my taste. I did not enjoy Led Zeppelin's Dazed and Confused and Tangerine with these phones. I tried out some hip hop with a couple songs from Jay-Z and Tupac and these phones werent too bad. The KSC 35 did blow these out of the water.

For earbuds these arent that bad (Defintely better than the Plugs). You just have to turn off your bass boost and if you have an eq tweak it to emphasize the treble range. They are useful if you are not using an amp. I do not recommend these for classical music.

For now I will only use these at my school's library.

BTW these phones provide minimal isolation. It will drown out voices but not load machinery (i.e. airplane or lawn mower).

Sep 1, 2002 at 7:51 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by MadDog5145

For earbuds these arent that bad (Defintely better than the Plugs). You just have to turn off your bass boost and if you have an eq tweak it to emphasize the treble range. They are useful if you are not using an amp. I do not recommend these for classical music.

agreed. by the way, does anybody experience pain when using these.
frown.gif
i think my ear canals are on the small side and the v600s kinda dig into the cartilage of my ear. oh well. it usually goes away...

Sep 1, 2002 at 6:44 PM Post #35 of 40
it sounds like they arent very comfortable and are really muddy. i think i will play it safe and go with the ex70s.... plus i know a mod to make them have more isolation....

unless someone knows where to get the hp600 at a regular store>?? (not on internet) i cant realy buy things off the internet anyway, besides ebay. (i dont have a credit card)

Sep 2, 2002 at 7:15 AM Post #36 of 40
i think the advantage that the ex70s have over the vx100s/v600s is that they have multiple gaskets. however, if your ears fit the v600s very well, then you will be in heaven. the sound of the v600 is REALLY good and refined. for me, i think my ears are growing accustomed to it--your ears are cartilage anyway so they can bend in all sorts of shapes.
smily_headphones1.gif

i dont regret getting the aiwa's. after all, when all is said and done, those that sound the best do win out.

Sep 3, 2002 at 12:42 AM Post #38 of 40
the e888 doesnt isolate at all. yes, you are probably right in saying it sounds the best, but it doesnt isolate, so i didnt get it. I need isolation, so I bought the ex70. i use the small gasket. i am happy with my purchase so far. plus i like the behind the neck cord and the little case. i had a pair of ex70s b4 but i accidentally broke them after i took them completely apart and tried to seal them up completely... i completely sealed them up, but i accidently pulled them apart and the glue took part of the driver with it. ::: dont take ex70s apart!!! they are glued shut, and its very tricky to get them back together without breaking them!! but anyway, i did the foam mod and tape mod and i think they will work for now, until i can get the ety er4
smily_headphones1.gif
. plus i cant really order of the net because i dont have a credit card... and i looked but no stores that i went to carried the hp600.

Sep 5, 2002 at 12:06 PM Post #39 of 40
Damn, I've heard so many comparisons between Aiwas and Sonys in isolating class (v600 vx EX-70). And everytime the discussion ends with a fact that E888 sounds much better than both of them.

Its true of course, but its not the whole truth. Aiwa also has their top-of-the line non-isolating headphones V551/V553 (difference in vol. control), that prbbly sounds better than v600.

Someone HAS to make a direct test between V551/V553 and E888 (and MX500
smily_headphones1.gif
. (in ideal case v600 and EX-70 should also participate). Any takers? That test will be a bomb.

Disclosure: I own V553, but would like to buy another pair of isolating (non-isolating) earbuds for heavier music, a pair of isolating buds just for isolation, or simply upgrade if the test will show that V553 suck
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. The truth is out there.

Jan 19, 2003 at 1:50 AM Post #40 of 40
How do the Mx400s compare with the 500s soundwise? I dont like the color of the 500, and i dont want a volume control.. the specs are the same, but some say that there is a difference in the sound.. but some don't. i really want black 400s. any help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back