Aiwa earbuds-a pleasant surprise
Apr 12, 2002 at 10:45 PM Post #16 of 26
Since my earlier post I found the card that came with the aiwa buds . The model # is HP- V551. They are15mm units . 16ohm ,108db sens.
They are rather large and difficult to get a good seal or fit but the s
ound beats the Sen mx .These are probably no longer available.

Apr 13, 2002 at 10:24 AM Post #17 of 26
I don´t know if the Aiwas can be bought online. In Germany they are available virtually in any electronics store. Seems like Aiwa are not widely marketed even in Europe though. For instance, I haven´t seen any Aiwa products in scandinavia but here they are everywhere.
Try to contact Aiwa in your country.

Apr 13, 2002 at 8:27 PM Post #18 of 26
Yes, I echo the sentiments about finding an URL that we can order these buds! Any suggestions?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2002 at 11:18 PM Post #19 of 26
A while back, I bought a pair of the Aiwa HP-V161s, which have the same silicon circles that are mentioned in the V400s here. From myI can't wholeheartedly recommend them because they're hard to get a good seal with, since the silicon rubber isn't as sticky as foamies. Also, they lose even more stickiness after a while of usage, due to earwax and sweat. As of today, I literally can't walk around with them on without the left earbud falling out of my ear, and if they are in place, I get softer sound through on ear than the other. They simply aren't "sticky" enough, for lack of a better term.

Apr 13, 2002 at 11:23 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Pierre Lambion
I just saw the VX100 (http://www.aiwa.co.jp/products/acces...p-vx100_e.html). They look much like Sony EX70. I wonder if they provide the same noise isolation. They should be around 20-30 EUR.

Those look pretty nice. They definitely look like clones of the EX70s, and if they offer comparable sound to the EX70s at an even lower price, I'd give them a look. I've always thought of Aiwa as "low-end Sony;" hopefully, those are cheap enough for me to use as a "tug-around" portable.

Apr 14, 2002 at 7:34 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by sTaTIx
A while back, I bought a pair of the Aiwa HP-V161s, which have the same silicon circles that are mentioned in the V400s here. From myI can't wholeheartedly recommend them because they're hard to get a good seal with, since the silicon rubber isn't as sticky as foamies. Also, they lose even more stickiness after a while of usage, due to earwax and sweat. As of today, I literally can't walk around with them on without the left earbud falling out of my ear, and if they are in place, I get softer sound through on ear than the other. They simply aren't "sticky" enough, for lack of a better term.

I agree completely. On top of that the silicon pads made them microphonic. That´s why I performed the mod I described. With the foamies I can get a nice fit and the microphony is gone. The overall sound is a bit bass heavy on some recordings but not at all boomy IMO.The highs are as before very clear, crisp but smooth.

Apr 16, 2002 at 6:18 AM Post #23 of 26
hp-vx100.jpg

[size=xx-small]The Aiwa HP-VX100 (HP-V600 in US)[/size]

Here's what Aiwa had to say about the above 'phones:

Quote:

Regarding HP-VX100,we will start to launch it in the USA during spring time (April-May) as model No. HP-V600. Since our US subsidiary company has been doing business transaction with
these major retailers mainly, would you try to find it on the shelf of such major retails like Best Buy, Walmart or Circuit City although we are not quite such exactly.

Who is willing to swallow his pride and buy headphones from Walmart?
cool.gif

Aiwa HP-V600 prices here.

Apr 18, 2002 at 4:19 AM Post #25 of 26
RRX,

I bought the Radio Shack earbuds onsale for $5.00 thinking they might be the Aiwa's. They are not, when you hold them side by side the Aiwa's have a way, way better silicon seal design. The Radio Shacks are smaller and look better than they sound.

Hope this helps

CHOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back