AirTunes and Airport Express
Jun 8, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazz1
I'm thinking SR-71, DAC (do I need one?), and Airport Express in my bedroom. Not to mention it would improve the wireless signal to my laptop.

You do not need a DAC with it, as the audio out is either analog mini or optical mini, depending on what's plugged in. Or so say the specs.

Jun 8, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelFranks
is this thing a standalone wireless router or not????

the website makes you think no, but....

Yes. Supports up to 10 users at a time:

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/specs.html

Lotta tech packed into a small package. I bet the analog out isn't that great, but there's a digital out, so it could go into a DAC or your living room HT receiver. Very interesting--I might have to get one.

Jun 11, 2004 at 1:56 AM Post #7 of 12
I'd like to hook this thing up to my home theatre receiver that has on optical in. It is being used right now by a TiVo. I've seen some optical/toslink spliters. Would this degrade the sound?

Jun 14, 2004 at 4:58 PM Post #10 of 12
I ordered one the day they were announced. I'll post a comparison with my squeezebox when it arrives.

Jun 15, 2004 at 11:20 PM Post #12 of 12
I know I've asked this question in another thread, but does anyone know how much cache these guys will have? I haven't been able to find mention of it in any of the product pages.

I find my squeezebox has too little cache for lossless/PCM streaming: 2mb, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back