Airline Tickets - Could someone give me some pointers?
Jun 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #16 of 19
Single-section?  I don't know what you are aiming at...

It depends on your source and destination.  How many Airtran flights can possibly connect these cities?  If there are many flights, your chances of scoring with a standby ticket are very good.  If there is one per day, well, if you miss that flight, you're out of luck until the next day. 

If it were MY brother's wedding, I'd just buy a regular coach ticket and be done with it.  Risk has a cost :)

Jun 12, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
Single-section?  I don't know what you are aiming at...

It depends on your source and destination.  How many Airtran flights can possibly connect these cities?  If there are many flights, your chances of scoring with a standby ticket are very good.  If there is one per day, well, if you miss that flight, you're out of luck until the next day. 

If it were MY brother's wedding, I'd just buy a regular coach ticket and be done with it.  Risk has a cost :)

In the details on the AirtranU deal, it calls each connecting flight a "segment", consisting of one take-off and one landing.

And, yeah, that's exactly why I asked. I wanted to know if it's a gamble or not. Considering that he asked me to be a groomsman, being late or something is not an option. I'm planning to leave the Tuesday before the wedding (on Friday), so there's a margin for mistakes, but missing would mean a 30-mile taxi/favor ride to the airport, both ways, so I definitely DON'T want to take a chance, margin or no.

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #18 of 19
Can't believe student universe didn't have anything cheaper.  I usually save $400 or more on round trip flights from Germany to the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back