Airline Security
Nov 9, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #16 of 20
I travel a lot and have been thru some of the tightest security airports and have NEVER had security even look at my rig. I keep it in my coat pocket and I just put my coat thru the xray machine. I have a Nano-Tomahawk-EU11 with homemade IC. I have never had anyone even touch it or ask about it. So I wouldn't sweat it. If someone does, all you have to do is show them you MP3 player and turn on the amp to show them it's a complete setup and not a bomb. But I doubt anyone will ever look twice at it.

If I can make it thru Heathrow security without any problem, you can go thru any other airport with no problems. Heathrow's security is a b*****. I got pulled off of the plane once at Heathrow because me electric razor switched on and they thought it was a bomb. I got pulled into a small rooom with 4 guards with guns and was asked to slowly open my suitcase. They showed me an xray of my suitcase and asked me to identify the black object. I couldn't tell what it was from the xray so they had me open the suitcase very slowly and deactivate whatever it was that was buzzing. They were pretty relieved when it turned out to be my electric razor. But being pulled off of a plane by security is not the prettiest sight and it is embarassing.

Nov 9, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iMod 4th Gen 60gb--> Wyvern 16 IC--> XIN SuperMacro IV-->headphone--> Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, Saipan, Phillipines, London, Paris, New Delhi, Dakar, Nairobi, Jo'burg......no problems whatsoever. No one even looked at it. My computer has got a pretty good cleaning with those little white round cloths though!

Oh man, those white cloths are hilarious. They wiped down my backpack once. Back in the day a few years ago, they were pretty concerned about my external hard drive, but I guess they've gotten used to techy things now and I haven't been stopped for anything.

Nov 9, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heathrow's security is a b*****. I got pulled off of the plane once at Heathrow because me electric razor switched on and they thought it was a bomb. I got pulled into a small rooom with 4 guards with guns and was asked to slowly open my suitcase. They showed me an xray of my suitcase and asked me to identify the black object. I couldn't tell what it was from the xray so they had me open the suitcase very slowly and deactivate whatever it was that was buzzing.

Not to derail this thread, but I love when that happens and security expects you to be able to look at an x-ray and identify everything in the bag. My parents ran out of space in their bags on a trip to Florida and packed a piece of Mikasa glassware in my backpack. They also forgot to tell me, so when I passed security, they immediately pulled me over right in front of my parents. They showed me the dark spot in the x-ray and asked me what it was. I had no clue and said as much. I was kinda amused when the bag was opened and the glassware was brought out. I think the security guys kinda were too, especially when they realized that I was clearly covering for my parents when I told them I knew that that had been there the entire time but that it slipped my mind.

Nov 25, 2007 at 10:08 AM Post #19 of 20
Imod 4G + Westone UM1 + Grado 325i.
Never had any problem before.

Nov 25, 2007 at 10:12 AM Post #20 of 20
I've heard some stories of people getting their CMoy mint tin amps confiscated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back