Aircom audio?
Sep 4, 2014 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ixeling

New Head-Fier
They say they use a patented airtube technology, that makes the sound feel more "live". Have anyone heard of or tried any of their products? Link to their website: www.aircomaudio.com

Sep 28, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 9
Hm...  This looks interesting.  A longer space for the sound to travel can boost bass, but at the same time, cause some unwanted reflections depending on the shape of the tube.  Maybe a combination of a conventional driver placement and this sound tube could create something that might sound stunning...  or not :p  

Sep 28, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #4 of 9
Yeah, it's a nice idea. Aircom seems to be pretty new and not that big so there's about no reviews for them :/ If what you said about the bass boost is true, I might actually consider to try them out, since I listen to bassy genres :)

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 9
Got some samples in today, have a pair of each: the A1, A3, and A5.  Measurements show that they have very similar characteristics, I have a feeling they share drivers  Resonance from the tube is quite visible, but the headphones actually don't sound that bad.  They are very well controlled, but do have a bass focus to them.  Treble extension is pretty good, though it could use better presence on certain recordings.  The bass sound pretty linear for the most part, midrange has OK detailing, and resonances are most audible in this region.  Overall, a very nice idea to use the tube to boost bass and offer good presence.  And that's generally what it offers.  Good depth, good presence, and nice control.

Oct 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks a lot! I've been waiting for a review like this, would you say the A5 is worth its price around 70 dollars?

For the price, they definitely aren't bad at all.  Though they sound quite similar to the A3 and A1...  So you can get a very similar sound for much cheaper.  The wood housings do add a bit of warmth to the sound, but nothing drastic.  

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #9 of 9
I've had the A3 and A5 for the past few weeks and posted a review if anyone is interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/738273/review-aircom-a3-a5-iem

I like the sound of the A5, but I found the A3 to be somewhat inconsistent - good with some recordings, so-so with others...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back