Air: "Talkie Walkie"
Feb 27, 2004 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

XXhalberstramXX

100+ Head-Fier
Super Duper highly reccomended if you like music in any way. i kinda can't see how anyone wouldn't like this cd. maybe those of you more biased towards black metal or grindcore won't find much to like here, but anyone with a taste for laid-back, very well recorded lounge-meets-okcomputer stuff will love it. (btw, i think its possibly better than moon safari)

Feb 27, 2004 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 11
i've been a fan of these guys for a while and i really enjoy this album. i've only listened a couple times so far, but i look forward to it hanging around my rotation for a while.

for me, air is not-overly-done electronica mixed with some vocals of varying styles and themes. the lyrics are at least interesting and the production values are good.

anyway, another recommendation for this nifty album. the copy i have comes with a dvd (in both pal and ntsc!), but i have not as of yet, watched it.

Feb 27, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 11
I'm really curious which album you'd recommend to someone who doesn't like music in any way?
wink.gif

See my sig. I'm a fan. They worked very well in 'Lost In Translation' also.

Feb 27, 2004 at 7:08 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
See my sig. I'm a fan. They worked very well in 'Lost In Translation' also.

Where does their music appear in the movie? (what scene, etc.)

- Chris

Feb 27, 2004 at 7:29 AM Post #6 of 11
If I remember correctly (big if), they use "Alone In Kyoto" when Charlotte is... alone in Kyoto. It's her train/site seeing trip.

Feb 27, 2004 at 7:31 AM Post #7 of 11
I've only heard a couple cuts off this album but I agree the sound quality is awesome for an electronic album. I'm not sure which song it is, but there are some crazily realistic ocean sounds in there somewhere.

Feb 27, 2004 at 9:42 AM Post #8 of 11
I'll agree its very well recorded (I mean its Air, all their stuff is), buts its also incredibly boring, and I can see it sitting gathering dust on the shelf like Moon Safari for a long long time.

The opener Venus is easily the top pick (and imo an absolutely brilliant track).. from there though it just goes downhill..the rest of the tracks are just pure middle of the road with vocals grabbed directly from any Cornelius release (Surfin on a Rocket? come on).. I nearly got sick the first time I heard Cherry Blossom Girl and Run, its so contrived "hey lets put synthesised voices a beat and layer some strings on all our tracks.. thats soooo french middle of the road electronica! oooh c'est magnifique!"...

Feb 27, 2004 at 3:15 PM Post #10 of 11
I had 20,000Hz Legend and didn't care for it. Is this one more like that album or Moon Safari? Are there a lot of guest singers, if so, who? Most of the reviews I've seen on Talkie Walkie have been positive. Thanks.

Feb 27, 2004 at 5:54 PM Post #11 of 11
Hey markl,

I didn't like 10KHz Legend that much either.. only a few tracks anyway.

I've given the new one a few listens now, and I enjoy it a lot more than that one. It's mood is somewhere in between Moon Safari and the Virgin Suicides soundtrack...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back