AIO unit recommendation for desktop
Sep 2, 2022 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

drummerdimitri

500+ Head-Fier
After the failure of my Questyle CMA400i and no luck with customer support, I am looking for high-end/reference All in one DAC/AMP/PRE replacement to be used at my desktop computer to power my Audeze LCD-4z's and my ADAM S2V studio monitors with a budget of 4,000$

I really liked the smooth and organic sound signature of the Questyle and would like to stick to a device with a similar sound signature.

After having done much research, it seems that the Violectric V590 mk2 PRO is probably one of the best options for my needs.

I would have gone for a Questyle CMA fifteen as I really like the build quality and look of their products but given the absence of customer service, I decided to stay clear from any of their units until they get their act together.

Having balanced XLR inputs like on the V590 is a must since it futureproofs the unit since DAC technology advances so much faster than AMP tech so I can still use the unit a decade down the line with a much more sophisticated external DAC.

Haven't really found an all in one unit that has all the features of the Violectric and would like to hear if anyone knows about one that does.

Sep 2, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 5
Try the RME ADI-2 FS. Excellent headphone amp, DAC, and has outputs that may be used for a preamp. The RME website and response to questions is also excellent.

Another HUGE advantage of this unit is not only is it tiny, but it comes with an awesome parametric EQ. You can customize many EQ save points for each output you may be using.

https://www.rme-usa.com/adi-2-fs.html

Sep 11, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #4 of 5
Yes, Violectric DHA V590² PRO is hard to beat.

There is also Rupert Neve's Fidelice DAC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back