Aikido 24 Volt PING: Coreyk78
Jan 7, 2011 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Old Ducat1 SS

New Head-Fier
I'm going to build a 24 volt Aikido using the recently released Aikido LV board with off-board headphone driver duplicating the circuit in your 24 v.

Question: How hot do the heatsinks get on your 24 v?  I'm just wondering how much heat sinking I'll have to provide.

I've just finished my Aikido 9 pin LSA/HPA configured as an HPA.  It sounds good to me but I won't post any impressions as I don't have anything worthwhile to compare it to so comments made in a vacuum would be a bit silly.

I'll post my impression of the 24 volt when finished compared to the Aikido 9 pin LSA/HPA.

TIA

Cheers, Steve

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 5
Using LM317's the Heatsinks on mine just barely get warm. Using DN2540's the are slightly warmer. Not really necessary IMO, but I would use them if they come with the kit.

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks Dig;

The LV kit doesn't have the HP driver.  I'm going to build that off board.  What values are you using for R17 and R18?  The 20 ohms and 2 ohms respectively that are in the manual?

Cheers, Steve

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #4 of 5
If you are referring to R16 and R15 on the older circuit, 20 and about 6(3x 20R in parallel actually), respectively. R15 being the current set resistor on the bottom regulator connected to ground.

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 5
Hey I just saw this thread. The sinks do get a bit warm, I used some I think 2" tall heat sinks, its been a while since I put mine together. Its been used daily for close to 2 years now without any issues so they must be big enough. Good luck with the project, digger945 helped me out a lot with mine so you've got the attention of some very helpful people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back