ahhhh will the wharfedale 9.0's be a worthwhile upgrade for me?
Feb 6, 2010 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

keanej6

500+ Head-Fier
hey i was for sure going to buy the wharfedale 9.0's from sto sound and vision for like $130(?) but now i'm wondering if will really be a worthwhile upgrade from what i have.

right now i'm using my dared mp5 i stole from my brother. the speakers i'm using are jbl control 1x. i honestly don't know why i feel compelled to upgrade these speakers, maybe because i sold most of my headphone system and i feel that the speakers are the cheapest link to my chain at the moment. so yea i'm on the fence and i guess i'd like to hear from some of you before i decide to buy or wait.

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 2
I have a pair of the Wharfedale 9.0's. I got mine from STO for $99 or so. I just can't make up my mind on these. I swap them with my JBL E20s periodically.

They are excellent for voice , I listen to a lot of medieval vocal music, motets, Gregorian chants, masses and so on.

When I put on loud(ish) rock music they seem small, okay they are very small, but they sound small, the bass obviously is limited by the size, on the other hand they are clean sounding, i.e they don't have any obvious distortion at the volumes I play them at.

If you plan to play music loud I think you will not like these so much , at low to moderate volumes they are very presentable, as you crank up the volume they seem a bit boxy?

Not knowing your JBLs I cannot say whether they would actually be an upgrade or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back