Ahh, When sound quality is everything...
Oct 28, 2006 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Electro Point

500+ Head-Fier
I have been so used to at least upgraded audio that everything else is just junk and sounds horrible to me.

The other day in school I watched a movie in class since my teacher had no plans for that day. I would just say the speakers on the TV are the worst things I have ever heard. It was just annoying the crap out of me to listen to them while watching the movie. The speakers would literally distort and I would only hear 5% of 100% of the whole audio.
Its like I can't go back to using stock speakers/headphones anymore. Can't even stand them now.

Grrr we should have upgraded audio in our schools!
evil_smiley.gif

Though last year one of my teachers was into home theater audio and car audio that he would have a mini-system hooked up to the DVD player. Even he said the speakers on the TV were awful.

Oct 29, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #2 of 9
Well, it's hard to convince the average joe/jane that TV speakers aren't the end to audio enjoyment. However, it's those who buy expensive TVs and spend a fraction on home theater audio that just baffles the mind
blink.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vibin247
Well, it's hard to convince the average joe/jane that TV speakers aren't the end to audio enjoyment. However, it's those who buy expensive TVs and spend a fraction on home theater audio that just baffles the mind
blink.gif

My parents are about to install a 50" plasma TV as part as a complete basement renovation (how come all this good stuff happens years after I move away?). One of their friends told them the speakers in the TV itself are 'fantastic', so now my mom is all for skipping the surround sound
rolleyes.gif
In addition, my uncle suggested they should look into a bose system
tongue.gif
Mind you this replaced my dad's earlier idea of a logitech all-in-one
blink.gif
Of course, all of my suggestions are 'too expensive', 'too much trouble', 'too ugly', 'too many wires', 'too big to fit in the shelves' (I wouldn't even try to talk about speaker placement with them)...

Sometimes I wonder how my genetics allow me to appreciate audio at all!!

Oct 29, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vibin247
blink.gif

For me, the audio makes a movie, not the picture. It is what truly immerses people into the experience.

Oct 29, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayhs
george lucas said sound is 75% of the experience in a movie

Which is why you spend millions on recolouring and restoring the video to you greatest films, and release then with a reversed and badly mixed audio track. Gotta love the Lucas

Oct 29, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #7 of 9
i dream of a venue with decent quality hi-fi sound...
seeing awesome bands with terrible sound just upsets me...

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsansite
Which is why you spend millions on recolouring and restoring the video to you greatest films, and release then with a reversed and badly mixed audio track. Gotta love the Lucas

and reshooting scenes from movies made decades ago
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
For me, the audio makes a movie, not the picture. It is what truly immerses people into the experience.

Actually, I like my TV's sound for movies.
smily_headphones1.gif
(Stickin' the middle finger to movie makers who attempt to disguise their worthless product with "spectacular" surround mixes. They ain't foolin' me!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back