AHH the good ol' A900 shock in the ear!
Oct 28, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #16 of 24
heres some eye candy, I just thought this was a cool picture

click for the ULTRA SUPER BIG PICTURE!! I think i can see some light diffracting around the headband... :S

for those that like stats...

shutter speed 1/3 sec
Aperature F/5.6
Focal lenght 85mm
exposure time 1/2sec
ISO 400
0 step correction

Oct 28, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #17 of 24
Two questions:

1) Where's the static electricity ZAP OF DOOM?

2) Why are the coasters not in use?

very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #18 of 24
I never called it a "ZAP OF DOOM"
but the BEAST layeth before thine eyes!

as for the coasters these are REAL coasters not those cheap polycarbonate ones :p! They are in USE, GEEZ they help remove reflections of sound they open up the mids and give a cleaner more responsive bass!!

Oct 28, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiandude
as for the coasters these are REAL coasters not those cheap polycarbonate ones :p! They are in USE, GEEZ they help remove reflections of sound they open up the mids and give a cleaner more responsive bass!!

Oh, ok.

You might want to try gluing a couple onto the sides of the earcups, to give some more damping to the housing. Make sure they're rotated correctly so the text is the right way up when they're on your head, otherwise it'll increase resonance and reflections rather than reduce them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #21 of 24
I'm a former owner of the original A900. If I was sitting perfectly still while using them, I'd be fine, but if I stood up with them on and took one step, I'd immediately get a nasty shock in the right earcup. I tried some A1000 phones for a while too and had the same problem. I've since moved on to Beyerdynamic's DT880 and never looked back.

Oct 31, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #22 of 24
I have the original ATH-A900s - such a pretty blue.
smily_headphones1.gif
I haven't experienced the shock, either. My house is all hardwood floors, though, which makes a difference, even here in dry, static-prone Colorado.

Holly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back