Ahh new Zu Cable for Senn 580/600s peeps
Jul 26, 2003 at 2:23 AM Post #16 of 27
I e-mailed Zu Cable, and asked if they could sell me a 580/600 cable without the molded connectors (I would just snip them off anyway). I'm modifing my old CD3000, and I'm switching from a single sided cord to a Y cord.

I received this message from Sean: "This can happen as soon as next week and is no problem. Please let me know how long you would like it, including the Y length." This was Wed. I emailed them back asking them for a rough estimate of the cost. I haven't heard back from them back (yet).

Looks like the cables will be built next week, however it appears that those cables will be collecting dust until they solve the connector issue.

Jul 26, 2003 at 5:34 PM Post #17 of 27
Moon Audio, Zu Cable and maybe Meier Audio will all come up with HD600 cables in the next months, boy am I glad that I haven't bought my upgrade cables yet. I am really looking forward into the Meier cables (if he actually will make one, he is being very mysterious about it) since it is easier to get for us europeans and the high quality of his products.

Aug 1, 2003 at 8:22 PM Post #20 of 27
Well with 3 major crews bringing out new cables in the very near future.....................

I would want to get my cable priced up and on the market fast!!!!

So guys ....let us know when and how much............

Please

please

please!!!

Your driving us nuts!!!

Aug 1, 2003 at 8:29 PM Post #21 of 27
im waiting for this too ... would go nice with an upcoming ppa i will build ... and sound good outta my modded m-audio card ...

Aug 1, 2003 at 8:53 PM Post #22 of 27
Got an e-mail late last night from Zu Cable:

Sorry for the late reply. We are still working on the cable and are scheduled for release around the middle of August. The connectors will definitely not be molded plastic.

The cost for a 2.5m cable will be under $200 but we are still not finished with prototyping so it is only a ballpark.

Please call or email anytime if you would like an update or have any other questions.

Aug 3, 2003 at 12:28 AM Post #23 of 27
So, who's going to be first to pull the trigger on a set?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 28, 2003 at 10:51 AM Post #25 of 27
new email from zu cable :

We will be able to sell them for a bit under $200 but will not be finished with cost analysis until we do our pre production run next week. While it will likely be about the same as the Cardas and others, with billet machined connectors complete with pure copper pins, our super cool B3 cable design and high tolerance manufacturing, it should be a lot of cable...

Thanks again,

Aug 28, 2003 at 12:08 PM Post #26 of 27
Hi Tom,

Our pre production run is set for Friday of next week, here we work the bugs out of the processes and make sure we have the right specs on everything. It usually takes about one week to tweak things in and finalize on standards, putting production within the second week of September. Pricing will not be set until we wrap up pre production but have had our sites set on the Cardas cable. In addition to the cool machined connectors, including pure copper pins, our high tolerances and trick cable designs, it should really sound good. (we are also hoping that they work well for the 650's mentioned on the German site...

Aug 28, 2003 at 1:19 PM Post #27 of 27
Hmmm, I'm sensing scores of cardas connectors, just sensing to fall out of their 580/600s at the right time. I must migrate to the for sale board.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back