Ahd 7100 with Ps3
Dec 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SemiOne

New Head-Fier
I was wanting to know if you can use the AHD7100 or any other headphone with your PS3. Normally you would need to have a bluetooth device connected and since this cannot be done, how have other people got their headphones to work with the PS3?
Am interested to find out if they went optical or perhaps a bluetooth to auxillery connection somehow..

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #4 of 8
Um.. I dunno why you would spend 250 dollars though to possibly connect a headphone to a ps3, especially since a mixamp is 100 dollars less.

Come to think of it, I don't really get the poll either.  How does it relate to the topic?

I was thinking along the lines of this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Music-Fairy-USB-2-0-3D-Audio-Sound-Card-Cable-Adapter-/200628407520 for your needs.

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 8
I should have mentioned some other info surrounding the uses, for the majority of the time I will be using the denons on a pc and the sound card I have, creative Sb audigy x-fi, isn't as sound worthy as made out to be. I want to be able to use the DacPort mainly with the pc but woul also appreciate if this could be used with the ps3 also. Thanks for the help so far.

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #6 of 8
I should have mentioned some other info surrounding the uses, for the majority of the time I will be using the denons on a pc and the sound card I have, creative Sb audigy x-fi, isn't as sound worthy as made out to be. I want to be able to use the DacPort mainly with the pc but woul also appreciate if this could be used with the ps3 also. Thanks for the help so far.

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 8
Ok.  Seeing as the dacport is for the most part just a dac, I doubt it will do what you want it to do for the ps3.  Something like what I linked will make your headphones have full headset functionality with the ps3.  

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
I was wanting to know if you can use the AHD7100 or any other headphone with your PS3. Normally you would need to have a bluetooth device connected and since this cannot be done, how have other people got their headphones to work with the PS3?
Am interested to find out if they went optical or perhaps a bluetooth to auxillery connection somehow..

Heya,

Any DAC with optical input that has an integrated amplifier would do this for you. Run an optical cable to the device, and have it next to where you sit so you can adjust volume and all that.

Options:

AVR (receiver). A cheap Yamaha with silent cinema would do this (and more).
Fiio E17. Has spdiff/optical input, and a headphone amplifier. Good to go. Small & cheap. Useful away from the home too (portable).
NFB 12 (12.1, 15.1, etc). Optical input. Headphone amplifier (powerful one too).
Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1. Optical input. Headphone amplifier.

The 7100 is probably extreme overkill for a gaming headphone with a PS3. But if you're going to use it for other audio purposes and really like the sound of Denon, then why not?

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back