Ah, it's nice to be back in high-fidelity.
Sep 8, 2004 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

minya

Headphoneus Supremus
Man, oh man, did I ever miss these headphones. I packed up my Omega IIs for shipping/moving purposes almost a month ago and I just set them up in my new (first!) apartment fifteen minutes ago.

I totally forgot how amazing these were.

I had been using HD 25s with my Rio Karma for a month and I was amazed by the sound. I thought it was great. I even thought once or twice: "Was spending all that money on a great setup worth it?"

I didn't think too much of it, but just relaxed and enjoyed the great sound from a tiny portable rig. But now that I'm in my new home with my equipment setup once again (in a rather haphazard manner, but, hey..), I am once again impressed wholly with the magnificence of these headphones. These are it for me; I'll never need another pair.

Has anyone else taken a break from their "hi-fi" rig, whether intentionally or not, and later gone back to it and been simply amazed by the quality of sound from it? It's a great feeling for me, and it makes the investment worthwhile.

- Chris, marveling at the soundstage and detail being extracted from Squarepusher's Selection Sixteen)

Sep 8, 2004 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
Has anyone else taken a break from their "hi-fi" rig, whether intentionally or not, and later gone back to it and been simply amazed by the quality of sound from it? It's a great feeling for me, and it makes the investment worthwhile.

Sure, nothing as fancy as Omega II though.
lambda.gif
There have been numerous times when I could not listen to my main rig for a week or more, whether it was because I had to work/study or because I was testing some other gear. And switching back to HD600 was always just like another piece of heaven... ahhh.... It's moments exactly like this that make you truly appreciate what you have.
600smile.gif

Sep 8, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #3 of 3
This is by far the least expensive "tweak" anyone can do. Get away from your rig and live without it for a solid few weeks. Then, come back. You'll be amazed.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back