Ah hell, I hate this feeling. Fathers & Sons, step inside...
Dec 25, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #18 of 41
Obviously, you have a conscience or you would not have started this thread. If (theoretically speaking) your father were to pass away soon, you would be thinking about all the good times you could have had together with that gun. Time does not rewind but music does. Time goes fast forward and so does music. Enjoy the time with your dad and shotgun. BTW, both of my parents never made it out of their 40's. I certainly did not have enough time with them.

Happy Holidays...Rick

Dec 25, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #19 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds to me like you've been given anything and everything you ever wanted as a child and now as a young adult. Buying the headphones seemed pretty selfish to me but I was raised in an age where entitlement was a four letter word. You should have done the shotgun thing. You owe it to your father.

+1
Being both a father and son I whole heartedly agree with this.

Dec 25, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #20 of 41
Keep the headphones, use one of your father's shotguns.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
During the summer (when it is not cold as all hell), we spend most every weekend at the gun club. We had talked a little about getting a shotgun for me, but I hadn't thought about it.

Looks to me like you still have plenty of time to get that shotgun tho
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks to me like you still have plenty of time to get that shotgun tho
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah yes, but in my family, kids get things 2 days a year. Christmas & Birthday.

I do appreciate all the advice guys, I do indeed. I have already gotten a couple offers on the HE-5, but I'm still trying to work out the best course of action. Quick question. If I don't open the HE-5 and send it back in the package, will Head-Direct have to sell that as a return?

Dec 25, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but I was raised in an age where entitlement was a four letter word.

... visa?
confused.gif

Dec 25, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #24 of 41
Dec 25, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #25 of 41
To be honest, you picking headphones over the shotgun seems selfish. It may also harm your relationship with your father (maybe, I don't know your family dynamic). Take this from a son whose father does not understand audiophilia.

Dec 25, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #26 of 41
If I don't open the HE-5 and send it back in the package, will Head-Direct have to sell that as a return?

NO!!!... It might have been returned already and you might have bought it. As long as it is factory sealed, you are good to go!!!

Dec 25, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #27 of 41
Head Direct have a returns policy..or at least they did when I bought the RE0's. 90 days IIRC

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #30 of 41
I'm gonna have to go with the group here and say go with the shotgun. Shooting with my Dad is great bonding time. You can always get the cans later, plus something even better may have come out by then if you can hold off the urge to upgrade :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back