Ah crap im at it again fellas. Help me buy new cans
Oct 26, 2009 at 4:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

deadpool86

Head-Fier
Well, ok so im obsessed with headphones, most of what i own i fear taking outside, most are open backed, so i cant really take them anywhere without looking stupid.

ANYWHO! I've got like 50 bucks, I cant spend more than that right now. I am looking for a over the ear set that has a short cord. This is very hard to find. Im very bias when it comes to my headphones, and ive had trouble finding anything worthy with the specs I require

-short cord, detaching is acceptable if the stock cable is long.
-overall nice quality, but i am looking for some bass inside.
-over the ears, but not princess leia buns
-less than 50 bucks

its hard, i know, please help!

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #4 of 17
D1001 sounds perfect for you... if it weren't nearly twice the budget.

I would save your money and buy these later

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D1001 sounds perfect for you... if it weren't nearly twice the budget.

I would save your money and buy these later

I own it :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yamaha RH5-MA

those arent over the ears

the only sonys i can demo are the ones at best buy and walmart, those xtra bass. They are ok, but get hot fast. On a side note, i demoed the Bose, sonys and some skullcandys, as well as the dre beats, for 300 bucks I could only laugh and remember my senn hd485 that sounds 2ce as nice as the best bose do. shame...is the HD 202 or something similar had a shorter cord id get those :[

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #8 of 17
wait, if you own the D1001, why do you need another pair..

any pair for less money is going to sound worse.. wouldn't you just end up using the D1001 all the time.

I suggest you take that $50 and recable the D1001's. Much better use of money.

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #9 of 17
^ No, lol

I'm looking for a NEW pair. >.> Obviously they wont sound as good. I am just looking for something nice. Would you take your D1s to the office and leave them there? Nah, didnt think so. I'm looking for something nice and expendable, something I wont cry over if someone steals it.

Also, there is a massive difference in size of earcups. Leia buns are big oversized earcups, you can get full sized cans that are over the ear but dont have overly large earcups >.>

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #10 of 17
Well for $35 you can get the JVC rx700 that would destroy your D1001s, myself and others have said how these sound as good if not better than unmodded D2000s, very similar sound signature without the bloaty bass. That might be breaching your princess leia look but who cares if they sound good.

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what is but not princess leia buns suppose to mean?

This

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kernmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This

lol, here is what i mean

small over the ears

Amazon.com: Philips HN 110 Folding Noise-Canceling Headphones: Electronics

not small over the ears
Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD 485 - Headphones (R35100) Category: Cordless Phone Batteries: Electronics

its very simple, really. The only issue with those JVCs is they are not good for taking outdoors, to school or work. I dont enjoy skullcandy, but I i want something of similar size, a low profiled over the ear set. Just like those phillips. :[

Users who are viewing this thread

Back