Aggghh mind scramble - Phonak or iE7 or ?
Mar 7, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HEY!! Don't you ever stop with the sarcasm? [size=medium]It's BORING![/size] Just come right out and say that you can't stand me and cn11 because we dared to stick up for someone you constantly picked on in another thread. Don't sit there muttering under your breath, just SAY IT! And I'm entitled to post my views without being hassled by you. Just give it a rest.

Yes! your incessant support for newbies that disregard forum rules is appalling and I can't stand it.

Quote:

oarnura - is your ignore feature not working? You said you'd put me and cn11 on ignore. Ask the mods to check it out for you!!!

I thought may be I ought to give you another chance. Maybe you would offer some useful contribution to my experience on Head-fi. Looks like you wouldn't like a second chance and you really have nothing of value to offer me.

So thanks for making my decision easier. This is the last you will hear from me directly or about you..

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #32 of 56
Just to put an end to the baseless accusation that I treat all New comers to head-fi that dislike IEMs I hold in high regards with contempt. This was posted today in the Phonak Appreciation thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/p...ml#post5492232

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raq05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First post in this wonderful Forum.

After doing some reading on here I ordered the PFE's which arrived today. Was really excited to fire them up. I am not an audiophile and listen to mostly Hip/Hop, R&B etc...... I tried the black filters and different tips but can not get much bass out of these phones. The highs sound great but the vocals almost "echo" like? Maybe for the kind of music I listen to these were not the right choice for me? Do you think they could possibly be defective? Anyone have this same experience who listen to Hip/Hop, R&B etc.....??? I am trying the PFE's with an E5 /Cowon D2 and still underwhelmed when it comes to the bass. Thinking about returning and trying the Monster Turbines. Last month I bought and returned some RE2's . Maybe my hearing is not sophisticated enough to appreciate these phones???? Maybe V-Moda Vibes, Atro M5 or Monster turbines will suit me better??

This was my response:

Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to the PFE with hip/hop and find them fine.. However, the Turbines will definitely work better for Hip/Hop R&B the dynamic driver in them can produce pretty good bass.

The Monster Turbine is a good choice if you want more bass. I have both the PFE and Monster Turbines..

Actions speak louder than words. A new comer was civil and asked for help and that is what he/she received. That is what head-fi is about it is not a sounding board for disgruntled shoppers.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

ghost87, to be fair, I'm not using an amp either, and I also think they sound thin and empty. The guy's just saying how he hears them, that's all. Anyway, I'm going to try them with a Zune next week, but if they don't improve, they're getting returned. McCol, your description of them with the Zune led to me repurchasing another Zune!!! Please Paypal me the money immediately
biggrin.gif

Hi Soozieq,

Just rattling the guys cage (as the great Dale Earnhardt would say)

Mar 7, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #34 of 56
Quote:

The pattern is obvious... Newbie bashes product... some one gets upset and responds... cn11 and soozieq come to newbie's rescue. Recognizing this pattern and putting a stop it is much more constructive to this thread and

I don’t see how those eight quotes can be considered bashing. He’s not referring to them in offensive adjectives, and he’s not attacking anyone. He’s entitled to his opinion- it’s a PRODUCT. I really dislike the Phonaks as well, and I’m free to say in this forum if I think they’re horrible, and aren’t worth their price to me.

You too seem to have a pattern- taking offense and becoming defensive when members post critical or negative impressions about earphones that you have a fondness for. I’m not saying that all your posts are such, and obviously people have found your responses helpful. But allow someone to speak their mind, as long as it’s not injurious or slanderous to anyone. That's what the forum rules state.

Also, I seem to remember the thread getting off to a helpful start by soozieq who offered constructive observations about each earpone that the OP asked about, which prompted "That is very sound advice" (since you’re pointing out who’s been of assistance).

Oh, and wasn’t I supposedly on ignore as well? Do me a favor and put it back on, thanks.

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #35 of 56
Quote:

I thought may be I ought to give you another chance. Maybe you would offer some useful contribution to my experience on Head-fi.
Looks like you wouldn't like a second chance and you really have nothing of value to offer me.

Oh no! I'm heartbroken. I blew the second chance you so generously offered me that I didn't ask for and most definitely didn't want? How tragic!! And of course I have nothing of value to offer you, what a ridiculous thing to say. I have nothing in common with someone like you. I don't hound people who say negative things about phones that I like, and I don't take it so personally that I have to stalk them at very opportunity just so I can make snide sarcastic comments each time they post. I would never have anything of value to offer someone like you, but thanks for stating the obvious.

P.S If you can read this - your ignore button isn't working.

Mar 7, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #36 of 56
Guys, this is unbelievable what you are doing. Who cares who bashes who? Do you feel offended because of a piece of equipment and different personal taste? This should not be. The therad's name is "PFE or ie7"... so let's keep it antiseptic, please.

Mar 7, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #37 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by McCol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Moneys on the way! I love my zune, i think it's quite under-rated in the sq dept. My IE8 and PFE's sound amazing through them. Never felt the need top amp the zune.

My Zune came this morning!!! Charging it now and will test the Phonaks with it later. Oh, and when you Paypal me the money, please add a little extra as I also want a case
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by plam_mk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, this is unbelievable what you are doing. Who cares who bashes who? Do you feel offended because of a piece of equipment and different personal taste? This should not be. The therad's name is "PFE or ie7"... so let's keep it antiseptic, please.

I totally agree. I don't care if someone says the IE8 or Phonaks are the biggest load of rubbish they've ever heard. So what? And I find it upsetting when other people feel the need to dictate what is, and isn't the 'correct' way to word their impressions, to the point where they continually harrass the person whose views they 'disapprove' of. Anyone is welcome to say all my earphones are garbage - and I wouldn't give a damn!

To the OP. I still think the IE7 is a better bet for your tastes - but if you want to be sure, get both and then return the ones you don't like
smile.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #38 of 56
im still gonna say IE7, they have a very nice rich warmth to them, something im not usually huge on but they are very very nice and i really think i do prefer them over my triple.fi's. the pfe i still havent heard but what i do see over and over again about them is (like the etys) you really need to amp them to get the best out of them.

the IE7 work fantastically well with out an amp so i think that will be the better option if you will absolutely not be using an amp.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #39 of 56
Is it possible for those of you who are not directly answering the OPs questions take your arguments elsewhere? You would really expect more maturity from some of the older and more experienced members in terms of maintaining forum etiquette.

To the OP:

I personally find the unamped PFEs slightly bright sounding while using the grey filters. The black filters' mids sound a bit veiled, but your experience most likely vary, as sound is subjective.

However, when using a warm portable amp (a very affordable option), the sound is very balanced. I have listened to the PFEs for up to 8 hours (I'm well aware this is generally not a good idea) without experiencing any fatigue. As a reference, I find the Denon C700s incredibly fatiguing.

Good luck with your choice - it's especially hard since there really isnt that much information on the IE7s to make a good judgement (in my opinion of course).

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #40 of 56
The Senn IE7 are a rather dark sounding IEM
The Phonak PFE are on the bright side.

The nice part of the Phonak is the ability to change filters, thus altering the sound

Mar 7, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #41 of 56
soozieq;5494174 said:
My Zune came this morning!!! Charging it now and will test the Phonaks with it later. Oh, and when you Paypal me the money, please add a little extra as I also want a case
biggrin.gif

Julie, let me know what you think about the PFE with the zune. I really don't want to buy an amp and get into that again. I'm holding off on the PFE for now.

What zune did you get? I sold my 30 gig and am thinking of getting another 80 gig. I can imagine the ie8 being a good match with the zune.
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #42 of 56
Ihatepopupads;5494952 said:
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Julie, let me know what you think about the PFE with the zune. I really don't want to buy an amp and get into that again. I'm holding off on the PFE for now.

What zune did you get? I sold my 30 gig and am thinking of getting another 80 gig. I can imagine the ie8 being a good match with the zune.
biggrin.gif

I pair my Phonaks with a Zune 120, I don't feel a need for a amp, the sound is incredible. I do find the volume to be a tad low on my 1950's recordings, however I find great volume on most of the newer stuff.. The Zune volume seems to be on 15 or higher which probably eats into the battery life...

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #43 of 56
Lucille;5495052 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I pair my Phonaks with a Zune 120, I don't feel a need for a amp, the sound is incredible. I do find the volume to be a tad low on my 1950's recordings, however I find great volume on most of the newer stuff.. The Zune volume seems to be on 15 or higher which probably eats into the battery life...

Understandable with the 1950 recordings
biggrin.gif
, Me I'm kind of an Opeth/Rush/Porcupine tree kind of guy. No problem with volume on those. I do like my floyd and FSOL and Orb on occasion though, even some deep forest sometimes
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #44 of 56
Deep Forest sounds awesome with the Phonaks, but I use my Clip for most of the newer music, though I do have some on the Zune.... ERA also rocks the Phonaks on the Clip and Zune..

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #45 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Poppy!!! I'm transferring music to the Zune at the moment, so I'll try the Phonaks with it later.

Quote:

biggrin.gif

I got the 120GB because I couldn't find any 80GB models around
mad.gif
- but McCol is paying for it, together with some extra for a nice little case
o2smile.gif

You've had the Sony and Touch, but did you have the IE8 at the same time? And if so, what volume did you listen to with them? When I had my 80GB Zune, I never needed more than about 15/20 volume for anything. And with the Sony/IE8, I listen between 12/18 depending on the recording - and with the Touch/IE8, between 60/80% - except with the Phonaks, which need almost maximum volume.

Can't wait to try the Zune/Phonak combo
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back