Aful Performer 5 vs Thieaudio Hype 2
Mar 27, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 8
Mar 27, 2024 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 8
Basically I want a more fun one. So analytical isn’t priority. Warmish sound.

Canon2 is what you are looking for. Or perhaps the Hype4, but not Hype2 because it’s not warmish.

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 8
Hi,

anyone heard both of these and can give some feedback? Would be greatly appreciated.

Skip the Performer 5.

Technically compared to the Hype 2, the Performer 5 has inferior imaging, micro-detailing, soundstage and resolution. The Performer 5 flops at timbre - and has poor coherency - with its untextured bass notably slower than the faster BAs handling the other frequencies. The bass smears when complex bass lines come out to play.

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #6 of 8
Skip the Performer 5.

Technically compared to the Hype 2, the Performer 5 has inferior imaging, micro-detailing, soundstage and resolution. The Performer 5 flops at timbre - and has poor coherency - with its untextured bass notably slower than the faster BAs handling the other frequencies. The bass smears when complex bass lines come out to play.
It’s not that bad 😂

But yeah, OP wants warmish so Canon2 might be a good choice.

Just realised that OP didn’t ask about Canon2 at all. Somehow I read Canon2 in the post.

Mar 28, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 8
I just want something different than my S12. Not really better. So I can change a bit. The Performer 5 has a huge discount also. Budget is about 200
I wonder how expensive Dunu Falcon Ultra is nowadays. The golden nozzle of that IEM might be what you need

Users who are viewing this thread

Back