Aftermarket Firewire Cable
Oct 15, 2005 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ilovesocks

1000+ Head-Fier
Are there any Firewire cables out there that are reputedly better than, say, the generic one that came with my Audiophile? Would there be any point to my getting an aftermarket one from Belkin (not Monster
rs1smile.gif
) or the like?

Thanks for any suggestions/opinions!

Oct 15, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 6
Revelation Audio labs makes a silver firewire cable that you can look at here: http://www.revelationaudiolabs.com/c...ital/index.htm. I have no experience with this company at all, so I can't recommend it, I'm just familiar with them as I was looking at one of their powercords at one point. Their firewire cable starts at $250, and for that price I'd hope it would do something better than a stock cable, but I doubt it would be anything really noticeable. I would bet for that money you could add something to your system that would make a more noticeable difference.

Oct 16, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 6
You might want to try QVS cables. I use them for all my critical stuff - SCSI, USB, Firewire.

I have a Monster USB cable that is pretty good, that I use to my DAC, but I haven't tried their Firewire cables.

Oct 16, 2005 at 6:19 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by IronLion
Revelation Audio labs makes a silver firewire cable that you can look at here: http://www.revelationaudiolabs.com/c...ital/index.htm. I have no experience with this company at all, so I can't recommend it, I'm just familiar with them as I was looking at one of their powercords at one point. Their firewire cable starts at $250, and for that price I'd hope it would do something better than a stock cable, but I doubt it would be anything really noticeable. I would bet for that money you could add something to your system that would make a more noticeable difference.

I agree - and that's definitely out of my price range. I think I'll try a QVS cable. Thanks Lion and Riffer!

Oct 17, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #5 of 6
Oct 17, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #6 of 6
I bought a generic one from newegg for just a few bucks. I just use it to transfer data to my iPod and I'm sure it does just as good a job as any other cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back