aftermarket ac chargers for iPod-- anyone use them?
Mar 4, 2005 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

appar111

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone tried out some of the non-Apple chargers that are on Ebay for cheap, like this one?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...756704940&rd=1

I figure it's cheap enough, but I just want to make sure it's not going to fry my mini....(boy,that didn't sound right...
confused.gif
)

Mar 4, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 12
if you could email the guy and find out the amperage and voltage of the charger, you could compare it to the one that comes from apple. I have ordered several chargers from ebay and they have all worked fine (car charger for karma, several phone chargers). I don't know personally about this one, though.

Mar 4, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 12
Like Jmmmmm, I've used cheap third party car chargers. I bet it would be fine. Even my local drug store sells third party iPod chargers now. They're practically everywhere.

Mar 4, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Like Jmmmmm, I've used cheap third party car chargers. I bet it would be fine. Even my local drug store sells third party iPod chargers now. They're practically everywhere.

Wow, what drugstores? CVS, Walgreen's, Rite Aid?

I'm assuming it would be fine, I just wanted to see if anyone else here has used similar ones before...

basically I'd be using this at work during the day to run on ac power. I'll do the charging at home in the evening on my laptop.

Heck, at $11 shipped, I could grab a couple-- one for home and one for work.

Mar 4, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Walgreens. Charger, cases, etc.

No sh!t, Walgreen's? That's great that they're becoming that accessible. How expensive are the chargers there?

Mar 4, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 12
I think everything was like $16 a peice no matter what accessory (earbuds, charger, etc.). My memory is a little fuzzy though.

Mar 4, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

I think everything was like $16 a peice no matter what accessory (earbuds, charger, etc.). My memory is a little fuzzy though.

I may have to swing by there on my way home-- only a few bucks more than on Ebay, and if it craps out, I can always go back to walgreen's and get another one.

thanks for the tip!

Mar 4, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #9 of 12
BTW, looks like another found them in another Cali store. Let us know if Ohio stocks them too.

Mar 5, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

BTW, looks like another found them in another Cali store. Let us know if Ohio stocks them too.

unfortunately no luck in Columbus/Dublin, Ohio.
frown.gif

but I found a great tiny otterbox hard case at a scuba store nearby for $12 that works awesome for my mini, so it wasn't a total bust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back