After Sansa Clip +, what now?
Jan 28, 2012 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

avorite

New Head-Fier
Hello all!

I've been wanting to upgrade my current DAP to something that can provide more power to drive my IEMs so that I can get a fuller sound!

Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm already noted the existence of the following DAPs which are potential upgrades:

1. Cowon J3
2. Sony Z series
3. Galaxy Android Players
4. Sansa Fuze +

My requirements are:

1. Android/ Rockboxable
2.High output power
3. Clean sound of the same or (preferably) higher quality than the Sansa Clip +
4. Microsd slot/ Large capacity

I'm still a student so my budget is not exactly plentiful...... Does anyone have any other suggestions towards the DAP I can use or should I go for an amp instead?

Thanks in Advance! :)

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 5
For FM radio listening, the Sansa Clip Zip floor me with its FM reception quality. Much better than my expensive AVR.

I have tried with and without extra help of the Fiio E6. The Sansa amp section is loud enough to drive the Senn HD280 to deafen level. For more bass, I use the JVC hrax 700.

Budget gadget for those who love FM radio, Sansa clip zip is the way to go. Get yourself a full size can like Sony V6 or the Senn HD 280 and prepare for some ear blasting with quality from nearby FM stations.

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 5
I personally use an SM3v2. Actually, I have no complaints about the volume. I think that the ipod touch provides more separation, power and detail...... and the sansa clip + doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back