After Nine Months and Twenty Three Days...
Jun 5, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why did it take so long to receive it? Oh his site it says wait time is about 8 weeks... I'd be furious if it took 9 months go get my amp.

Anyway, I used to have a gilmore lite and I loved it (took ~2 months to get it), so I can only imagine what the GS-1 sounds like (greatness?).

Busy building Picos, I suspect. I'm all for cottage industry, but I hope they're telling folks what the real wait times are when they place their orders, and meeting their deadlines. There are too many great amps out there being built by manufacturers who are able to meet the demand for their products and can ship out the next day. If I really wanted it, was told it would be 9 months, and chose to wait, fine. If I thought it was going to be 8 weeks, I would have cancelled that order months ago.

With that said, it's beautiful. I hope it sounds as great as it looks.

Tim

Jun 5, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #17 of 25
Congrats on the new baby!

I have a GS-X but I got it second hand and didn't wait more an 2 months after I decided to get one. They are amazing amps but Justin's wait times are getting ridiculous. When you can get a balanced beta22 built for you faster than buying a GS-1 there is something wrong.

Jun 5, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #18 of 25
When I read the title of the thread, I thought you were talking about the burn-in...

Gratz and enjoy!

Jun 5, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #19 of 25
and i thought pico's 3 months wait was ridiculous....
OP, did you have to pay the full price when you ordered it 9 months ago?
pay first or not, 9 months wait is just wrong.

anyway, i hope the OP enjoys the amp for many years to come.

Jun 5, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After reading your title I was expecting a birth announcement. Close enough, congrats on your new baby!

Interestingly enough, my new nephew is being delivered today!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent! Congrats on your amp! I ordered a GS-1 in January and look forward it's arrival. Appreciate your post...it'll tie me over. What volume pot?....is it the DACT?

I have the standard volume.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why did it take so long to receive it? Oh his site it says wait time is about 8 weeks... I'd be furious if it took 9 months to get my amp.

Apparently Justin had major problems getting the enclosures from the supplier. From what I gather, the supplier reneged on his promised delivery date several times. As I already mentioned in a couple of other threads, Justin did offer me my money back in January if I didn't want to wait. Since the GS-1 was the only amp I wanted, I had him hold onto my order.

Jun 5, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #22 of 25
9 months, 23 days? I just have to say wow, and then wow again! That's unprecedented even for HeadAmp for a product that's in regular production! I can't believe HeadAmp hasn't shipped any GS-1 amps in that long. Of course there are several understandable factors attributing to that delay but wow, that's a long time for a GS-1. Kudos to you and everyone else who's been sticking it out for a GS-1.
smily_headphones1.gif

Good to see you finally got yours though, much audio bliss is in store for you!

Jun 8, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #23 of 25
I am 2 days away from 6 months of waiting for my GS-1 but I am sure it will be worth the wait. I can't wait to get mine! This post certainly made me more anxious though! I am glad I didn't have to wait over three quarters of a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back