After days of research I need your guys help! ;/
Dec 28, 2013 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

adriano86

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, after researching earphones for several days (tons of hours) I finally decided to register myself on this forum to see if i could get some good guidence from any of you.

Basically im looking for a pair of earphones that comes with a headset and that doesnt cost more then 150-170 dollars. Im gonna use them for listening to hiphop,r&b as well as some other type of music like african pop etc but its mostly hiphop and r&b. My previous experience from earphones isnt all that big, at this moment im using Klipsch S4 and Klipsch 4i II (the later broke.. not due to build quality but because im a fkkup). Id say the Klipsch are the most expensive earphones Ive bought as of late,

I listened to a pair of headphones (not earphones) recently that you might have heard of, Beats by Dre and I liked how they sounded but no way for that price. As tons of you guys states over and over your not paying for quality but for the brand. But still that experience made me wanna upgrade my earphones to improve my listening experience.

The earphones im looking at reads as follows:

- Klipsch x10
Im bit concerned about these because I went from loving Klipsch to questioning them. I only had the chance to try out the S4i II for 2 days and I felt that the sound was a bit dry or how should i explain, stiff? You guys must think im crazy since appearently theres no difference between s4 and s4 II according to reviewers =)

- Philips Fidelio S1
Im bit worried that they will leak too much, as im used to not hear noise when im outside jogging or in the gym working out. Also the tangle free cable hopefully isnt bulky.

- AKG K391NC
The AKG costs roughly 180 dollars in Sweden but theres a special offer right now for half that price. My big concern is the extra piece of hardware that you have to put in your pocket due to noise cancelation etc. Im gonna be using the headset with my Note 2 phone too so its gonna be a hassle having that thing in my pocket.

- Nocs 800
These seem to deliver clarity and is a competitor to Klipsch and Fidelio. They lack a little bass it seems but are great in all other ranges, maybe good since im using klipsch s4 as backup? They seem to have the perfect fittings even better then Klipsch by what i read.

- Powerbeats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhwNzB0OcsQ
After checking out that review it seems to have everything i want though this earphone i just discovered so therefor the post got edited***

As far as quality, I want clean sounding earphones (i think) that delivers good sound all around within my budget. High priority is how they fit into the ears as im gonna be working out with them as well.

If you guys have any opinions or suggestions id appreciate it a lot.

Thank you in advance!!

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #4 of 8
I haven't heard any of these, but I would avoid the AKG because of the active noise cancellation. IEMs already block noise by virtue of being in your ear, and active noise cancellation can potentially muck up the sound. 

Have you looked at any of the Monster turbine models? You get a free replacement if you break them, and they generally get good reviews. 

Dec 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #5 of 8
  I haven't heard any of these, but I would avoid the AKG because of the active noise cancellation. IEMs already block noise by virtue of being in your ear, and active noise cancellation can potentially muck up the sound. 

Have you looked at any of the Monster turbine models? You get a free replacement if you break them, and they generally get good reviews. 

Hey there manbear, thx for your reply!

The Monster seem very promising however they bit over my budget Also the cable seems to be making lot of sounds so i assume they not good for running. Plus it has no headset =(

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #7 of 8
Jan 1, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #8 of 8
  I checked that one on Amazon, and it looks like it doesn't come with the free replacement warranty. Apparently you only get the free replacement on the more expensive turbine models, like the gold/ copper. The free replacement was the main reason I suggested it, so IDK if you should get that one. 

Have you seen this thread? http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-307-iems-compared-inear-stagediver-2-stagediver-3-added-12-23-13-p-829

Thanks a lot man for showing me this thread, it has helped me tremendously!
However im so sad about EPH-100 not being avaliable with a headset, now i might to have to buy 2 earphones afterall :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back