After A2 audioengine what?
Dec 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gbak02

New Head-Fier
So quick question,

I want something more powerfull than A2,should i go for A5? Or give some extra money and go for Focal cms 40?
I heard these speakers but the cms 50,and the sound was insane good! Even unbalanced connected.
The only thing is that i want to keep the size small,similar to a2 or a bit bigger.

Cheers

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 6
By more powerful are you looking for better room filling sound? Bigger drivers will often help with that. The A2 has pretty wimpy 2.75" woofers. Better to shoot for at 4" drivers if you can manage speakers bigger than the A2. 

Also look at the Emotiva Airmotiv series. They've become pretty popular around here as of late. 

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #3 of 6
well,i had a Νad c352 and a pair of b&w 685,and i never had problems,but the last years i spent my time only at my Pc,
so i'm trying to find the best active nearfield monitor for that use,to be honest the A2 perform quite good for that size,but i decide to change them by something more powerful.

just looking now the emotiva airmotiv,that you suggest,i'm thinking for the upgrade version of A5+,scared a bit the size,will be huge for my desk,dont know ..
the optimum size/perfomance will be focal cms 40, expensive i think..

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
If you like the A2's then you will like the A5's. They're not THAT big. Almost 4x the size of the A2's

4xA2's , hehe,u joking now? for sure they look big compare to A2's,otherwise i agree are not so HUGE speakers.

The thing is,i dont care so much for the size,actually i have space for them at my desk,i'm wondering if its ok so big speaker close to me,or if its proper for desktop use.

here is the Desk Config,and the A5's+ will replace these A2's at my desk.

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
The thing is,i dont care so much for the size,actually i have space for them at my desk,i'm wondering if its ok so big speaker close to me,or if its proper for desktop use.

Sure. A lot of us use speakers with 5" or even 6" drivers in desktop setups. Plus, you should get much better mid bass with the A5+ vs the A2. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back