After a new DAP
May 24, 2013 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Benistgud

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking of upgrading the source of my music for a while since I got my SM3's. I currently play music off an iphone 4s and was thinking about getting a portable headphone amp but then thought I may as well get something that is all in one. I've had a look around some of the products and my problem is that they hold a too small amount of music. I would need at the very least 64Gb of space and that is for mostly 320kb music and I will be trying to upgrade the majority of my music to flac. The other thing is that a lot of the DAP's i've been looking at dont seem to be of a very high build quality.

I'm willing to spend a bit of money, maybe up to $500. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

May 30, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 5
Ok,I`ll bite.

iphone4S is a good source for listening to music at just under 2ohm OI it is good for IEMs. Only problem is interference from the phone.
320kps is good enough for on the go listening.
I dont know how much GB of space your current phone has.

64GB memory+
$500 budget.

Why not go for an ipod touch 5G with 64GB and less than 10hm OI, you could buy the Flacplayer app to play FLAC and the UI is fairly simple and reliable.

http://monoadc.blog64.fc2.com/blog-entry-99.html
(Low ohm  is best).

Upcoming affordable DAPs in your budget range are the FiioX3, ibassoDX50 and FiioX5.

For IEMs like yours a headphone amp is not really needed imho, but If you are insistent then something like the ibassoT3 would suffice.

*Others will probably also recommend clip, clip zip, a Cowon or even the AK100.

May 31, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Ok,I`ll bite.

iphone4S is a good source for listening to music at just under 2ohm OI it is good for IEMs. Only problem is interference from the phone.
320kps is good enough for on the go listening.
I dont know how much GB of space your current phone has.

64GB memory+
$500 budget.

Why not go for an ipod touch 5G with 64GB and less than 10hm OI, you could buy the Flacplayer app to play FLAC and the UI is fairly simple and reliable.

http://monoadc.blog64.fc2.com/blog-entry-99.html
(Low ohm  is best).

Upcoming affordable DAPs in your budget range are the FiioX3, ibassoDX50 and FiioX5.

For IEMs like yours a headphone amp is not really needed imho, but If you are insistent then something like the ibassoT3 would suffice.

*Others will probably also recommend clip, clip zip, a Cowon or even the AK100.

Thanks for the reply! The problem with my iphone is that, at 64Gb, I have alredy filled it up. I have spotify on it with everything set to 320kb so my plan is to have a dedicated DAP with plenty of space for my flac music then my iphone with spotify for discovering new music. The X5 and the DX50 look really nice, shame there isn't much info on either of them but thanks for the recommendation!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back