AFTER A LITTLE TIME WITH THE PHILIPS 890S
Apr 9, 2002 at 6:24 AM Post #4 of 37
I do belive it is time for a team Philips (or at least a team hp890), I love my hp890s.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2002 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 37
Congrats LTucci1924. Glad you like your new cans!
Happy listening!

Apr 9, 2002 at 7:50 AM Post #7 of 37
Quote:

Life is good through the GRACE of GOD

AMEN!!!

i like your nick name for the 890's it sound impressive the "Grand Canyons". glad you're lovin' em. I'm now personally waiting for my piece of heaven to come from Jan.

Apr 9, 2002 at 1:34 PM Post #10 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
I am sure that there are much better cans out there.

Well that is where your wrong Lou...

Those poor demented souls from Team Sennheiser may try and convince you otherwise but... there is no better can for listening to Jan... than the mighty HP890!

tongue.gif

Apr 9, 2002 at 2:12 PM Post #11 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Buddha

Well that is where your wrong Lou...

Those poor demented souls from Team Sennheiser may try and convince you otherwise but... there is no better can for listening to Jan... than the mighty HP890!

tongue.gif

Yeah, I'm very much in love with the HP890. It's great for listening, probably the best I have had so far. I've been introduced to Sennheiser sound through the 497s but they are not my cup of tea.

Apr 9, 2002 at 2:12 PM Post #12 of 37
Whoa, lou, chill man. There're all sorts of people on this forum, including whackjobs like ben g. He's probably just trying to get a rise out of you; don't give him that satisfaction.

Anyway, back to the HP890. I gotta admit: I wasn't too thrilled when I first listened to it (despite the fact that it cost me only US$54. Philips stuff are real cheap here in Singapore).

But after a decent break-in and a settling down period, I'm really beginning to dig the magic it can do with my classical stuff. I'm a Grado man, but I find that the HP890 really goes better with classical. It's probably the 'big, full sound' you mentioned earlier.

All the best for Team Philips.

And peace, y'all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2002 at 2:10 AM Post #14 of 37
Hey Lou,

No need to apologise, man; everything's cool. I understand your reaction to ben g; I would have done the same, except that I figure people like that just ain't worth my breath, and not worth yours either.

Yeah, go right ahead and love your cans, love your music and love life without apology.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back