Affordable but decent hotel in/near Seattle??
Aug 6, 2007 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Distroyed

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm checking out Seattle next week and need a hotel from the 14-17th. I need something under $100/night, and I'm not too picky so long as it's clean and I don't have to worry about being robbed in the middle of the night. Also, my flight doesnt get in until almost midnight (3am my time), which makes me want to find something within 30min of the airport for sure. What would you guys recommend?

Aug 6, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 11
Will you rent a car and won't mind staying in the suburb? Last time I went to Seattle, I stayed in Red Lion Hotel in Bellevue, cost me around $80/night (tax included) and got it from priceline, put the bid for $65 under 2.5 star, you might get Red lion hotel for that price, YMMV though.

Aug 7, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #4 of 11
I'll be renting a car and wont mind staying in a suburb. My goal is to scout Seattle out to determine if it's a place I want to move once I finish law school. So I'll be checking out areas to see what the true cost of living is and hopefully visiting a firm or two if I can get a hold of some alumni. I should have time for one or two tourist sites, if you have any recommendations.

Otto - is that Motel 6 in a relatively safe neighborhood? And are the AC units loud? I find I can sleep through anything with sufficient white noise.

Aug 7, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 11
In terms of housing costs, Seattle and the suburbs that make up the Eastside (Bellevue, Redmond, Issaquah, Kirkland) are the most expensive. You need to go either farther north or south of Seattle/Eastside for more affordable housing in good neighborhoods.

There is major roadwork going on in northbound Interstate 5 between downtown Seattle and Sea-Tac airport, so take that into consideration.

As for setting up a base camp of sorts, Bellevue, as recommended by RyceT is good. Anything around the airport is too far south of the heart of town, imo.

Also, take a look at motels or hotels in Shoreline or Lynnwood, suburbs just north of Seattle.

Aug 7, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #6 of 11
Look for a motel/hotel in the Burien area it is close to the airport and you can easily get into the city center via the Alaskan Way Viaduct. Thus avoiding the construction happening on I-5.

PS.
If you stay in Bellevue you will be at the mercy of the traffic on the two floating bridges that lead into downtown Seattle. Or you will have to drive around Lake Washington, which is not very effective.

- augustwest

Aug 7, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #7 of 11
THIS IS VERY WEIRD!

I too am going to seattle next week; fly into seatac on the 11th and out on the 19th

got a room at the red lion in bellvue for the first night; wow, i tell ya, the super8 motel at seatac was almost a hundred bucks for two!

hey distroyed, let me know how you make out, i'm at bryanbowerATgmail.com

Aug 7, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #8 of 11
btw: i did stay at the super8 at seatac before and i found it just fine; course my standards may be lower than yours
wink.gif
i also stayed at some motel6's around seattle area and they were ok, but this probably isn't what you want perhaps

all i care about in a hotel is

clean
hot shower
internet access
not too noisy

that's about it
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Distroyed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be renting a car and wont mind staying in a suburb. My goal is to scout Seattle out to determine if it's a place I want to move once I finish law school

and yet another coincidence; i'm looking toward moving there as well, though i'm farther back in my education, but considering med school

one thing is for sure; you can't get an idea of what it's like to live with CONSTANT RAIN AND CLOUDS by going for a little bit in the summer

Aug 7, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #11 of 11
“one thing is for sure; you can't get an idea of what it's like to live with CONSTANT RAIN AND CLOUDS by going for a little bit in the summer”

What are you talking about man- it’s the middle of summer and it’s 68 degrees 4:30 in the afternoon. In the bottom link I’ve seen the temperature go down after the sun came up. It’s a lousy summer so far- what’s funny is if it’s warm like in the 80’s for 2 days in a row people complain about the heat.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/weather/

http://www.paroscientific.com/weather.htm

Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back