Affordable bluetooth earphones, Awei 920bl vs 960bl vs 980bl vs 990bl?
Jan 19, 2016 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Bakgrund

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for some affordable bluetooth earphones similar to Jaybird's models, I know the audio won't be the best but I'm mainly looking for portability, as they will be used on the go.

Anyone got experience with Awei's wirelss earphones? I was thinking of getting the 920bl's but i got unsure when I saw they have 3 other models that are priced similarly. Any audio quality difference between these?

So what do you think, should I get the 920bl's, 960bl's, 980bl's or 990bl's? Or something completely different? If you got anything else to say about these or just got any other advice, I'm also happily taking it into consideration.

Thanks!

Feb 28, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 16
It may be a bit late to react but I've got two pairs of Awei A920BL in-ears and they sound great. The buttons are working great too. You can play, pause, skip a track or go a track back. If there's an incoming call there's a voice that tells you which number is calling. You can listen to your music for about 4 hours on one full charge.

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #4 of 16
  It may be a bit late to react but I've got two pairs of Awei A920BL in-ears and they sound great. The buttons are working great too. You can play, pause, skip a track or go a track back. If there's an incoming call there's a voice that tells you which number is calling. You can listen to your music for about 4 hours on one full charge.

I can just confirm this. Using it for a couple of days and I love it! The sound is decent, the battery is good enough - its a great buy for its price.

I bought them a few days after my post because they were so cheap, what did i have to lose more than a few dollars. And yeah they are pretty good for their price. Way too bass heavy for my taste, but I lowered the low frequencies in the equalizer so now I can listen to them without getting annoyed. Bluetooth range is awesome, battery life is ok.

May 21, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #5 of 16
I remember their sound signature are very similar,strong v-shaped, and they are for basshead. Then you may choose your favorite design among them.

I get the early version of those. two earphones have a problem:the left side housing sounds the right sound , the right side housing sounds the left sound. I told the shop about this issue a few month. The issue might have fixed.

To compare it with others, Awei's are shorter battery life, around 4 hours. the average seems to have thier battery life more than 5 hours. Shorter battery life might reflect sound quality.

May 21, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 16
I remember their sound signature are very similar,strong v-shaped, and they are for basshead. Then you may choose your favorite design among them.

I get the early version of those. two earphones have a problem:the left side housing sounds the right sound , the right side housing sounds the left sound. I told the shop about this issue a few month. The issue might have fixed.

To compare it with others, Awei's are shorter battery life, around 4 hours. the average seems to have thier battery life more than 5 hours. Shorter battery life might reflect sound quality.

I've met with this problem before. AWEI (and most of the chinase brands) don't really care about the details: left and right are sometimes switched, the + button is the prev song and the - button is the next song, all the colors have the same package etc...

annoying, sure. dealbreaker for me? no.

(they are learning from their misstakes. I'm communicate with them from time to time and they already changed the 890s package for example, which had 2 spelling misstake...). so improvement is expected on all fronts :)

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #7 of 16
Are these any good for isolating noise? And will they fall out easily when running/exercising?

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #8 of 16
  Are these any good for isolating noise? And will they fall out easily when running/exercising?

well they do provide isolating noise, i wouldn't call it over the average... but they are not bad either. they definitely have some driver flex though

for exercising they were good enough for me. for running, I had to use the little tweezers provided to them, because the BT part is heavy and withouth it i felt them moving (not falling out though). with tweezers I had no probelms nevertheless. 

Hope I could help

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #10 of 16
  I've got my Awei 920BL, I find that the highs are tinny on some songs,  it is also more airy sounding compared to KZ ED9.

Hey how is the sound signature of the 920's? Are they more v-shaped than the ED9s? Are the mids very recessed? 

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #13 of 16
Can anyone tell me about the connection quality? I've tried a few cheap bluetooth earbuds and the audio always lagged cause it was constantly buffering the song (even when I'm really near my phone).

And also there was always an annoying hiss/white noise when playing audio on some cheap bluetooth headsets.

Any problems like these with the Awei ones?

Nov 27, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #14 of 16
I have no problems with hiss of white noise while playing music.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #15 of 16
  I have no problems with hiss of white noise while playing music.

Okay, can you tell me about the connection? Does it lag or stutter much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back