Affordable amp for DT770 80ohm?
Apr 19, 2010 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dyce

Head-Fier
I was thinking maybe PA2V2? Im in for the bass. will the PA2V2 sound find with them? or can you guys recommend me anything else? Id be playing it from my Nuforce Icon Mobile (connect to pc) or clip+

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Features:

Two headphone/line outputs: a 3.5mm 4-pin mini stereo (with mic) jack and a 3.5mm 3-pin mini stereo jack for driving earphones and line-level sources such as active speakers.
A 3.5mm mini stereo external input.
A high-quality rotary volume pot for maximizing USB and iPod signal-to-noise ratios.
A Gain Select switch provides compatibility for a wide range of headphones and earphones.
A built-in, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery with USB featuring a 2.5 hour charge-time for 13 hours of continuous playback with maximum power. Note that the Icon Mobile consumes power during standby and it will have to be recharged after 60 hours.
Support for USB audio input and ouput.
The Battery-Low indicator blinks when the battery requires recharging.
Headphones impedance between 16 ohm to 300 ohm are suitable for use with Icon Mobile.

those are the features, it says line level sources so should i be ok? I dont have the DT770 80ohm yet, but i know the nuforce amp didnt sound all that great or loud with akg 240S 55ohm. it sounded a little better driven when i attached my fiio e3 to the nuforce and then the akg 240s. i am picking up the dt770 tomorrow.

thanks for your help.

edit: just to say, the nuforce icon mobile is connect to my pc by USB. but it functions as both amp and dac. like if i dont use it connect by usb, i can use it like my fiio e3.

more info from the manual that i think is relevant
Quote:

z Both headphone outputs can be used simultaneously. For example, one
output can drive a high-impedance, line-in device such as an Integrated amplifier
or active loudspeakers with compatible 3.5mm or RCA jacks via the correct
adapter cable.

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #4 of 4
If I were to use a PA2V2 with my Clip+, will I be able to add gain to the bass without distorting the drivers in the DT770? will pretty much any pretty high powered amp correct distortion of the bass? thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back