AF V-DAC vs DACPort LX for Denon D7000
Aug 25, 2011 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

codeninja

100+ Head-Fier
So, my search for matching DAC comes down to vDAC vs DACPort LX (I don't need amp as I have Burson for that, and I don't intend to move my system around)

At this point, any of your opinion comparing the two will be appreciated, especially in the context of D7000 which is very sweet dynamic headphone.  So, I don't need help in bass department and I need a flat response DAC with good jitter handling.

Out of all the input methods, only USB matters to me as I'm using iPad.

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 2
If you're still interested, I found the dacport lx to have a more dynamically engaging sound, with more soundstage air and better high frequency clarity and resolution. This is with the stock USB. The v-dac ii, even with a regulated PSU and better USB cable, just didn't sound as realistic through USB as it did through the SPDIF inputs. It was very dense and smooth, but slightly veiled and subdued in comparison to its SPDIF and the dacport lx. I don't know how the original v-dac would have compared, but I imagine the difference would have been even greater due to the higher thd of the original and its less advanced protocols for minimizing jitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back