AES Publishes New Standards for 3-D Audio (AES69-2015)
Mar 19, 2015 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

immersifi

100+ Head-Fier
Have a look at the brief write-up in Mix Magazine.

http://www.mixonline.com/news/news-articles/aes-publishes-new-standard-3-d-audio/424045

The reference URL to the AES document is also in the article, so if you'd like the less verbose URL, head there.

Mark (immersifi)

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 5
  Have a look at the brief write-up in Mix Magazine.

http://www.mixonline.com/news/news-articles/aes-publishes-new-standard-3-d-audio/424045

The reference URL to the AES document is also in the article, so if you'd like the less verbose URL, head there.

Mark (immersifi)

Saw mention of this in another thread (perhaps was also you!). Great to hear and about time.

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 5

Saw mention of this in another thread (perhaps was also you!). Great to hear and about time.

Hmmm...well, not here. I did post it on the immersifi google+, the immersifi recording services FB page, and in the Perceptual Audio Group forum on Linked In, but no, this post is for me (here) the first time I have posted it.

I have to download it when I'm awake; the sandman is coming right now...

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 5
The report seems more aspirational than actual.  Frankly I think the concentration on HTRF's is wrong-headed, these are just not as important as normal well-studied auditory spatial cues suchs a inetraural time, phase and amplitude differences.  There are an infinite number of HTRF functions for any set-up and any standard, if it ever comes about, is just going to be some collosal compromise.

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #5 of 5
  The report seems more aspirational than actual.  Frankly I think the concentration on HTRF's is wrong-headed, these are just not as important as normal well-studied auditory spatial cues suchs a inetraural time, phase and amplitude differences.  There are an infinite number of HTRF functions for any set-up and any standard, if it ever comes about, is just going to be some collosal compromise.

If you download the AES document you can see that the scope goes beyond HRTFs. If you are a Member the download is free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back