AES/EBU - often not as good as S/PDIF?
Aug 25, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #16 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
snip

Lol i wouldn't call anything with RCA and 75ohm digital in the same sentence stellar. Infact I'd call it marketing BS. RCAs are 20ohm and that can not change.

Also what is wrong with a riser board. It is a case of couldn't be bothered more then anything, or rather why spend money to please a very small portion of an already very small market. There is plenty of space for an AES input there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daroid
snip

Opamps, now that I haven't thought of yet! Especially if you run the normal signal through a non inverting comparator, and then the same through a inverting one then the propegation delay will be close to identical for both.

I suppose you could always use a logic inverter and at the same time use a hex buffer on the signal to try and do this with logic devices. I wonder how accurate that is.

I disagree a bit with the last statement though. Even if the output is bad why make it worse at the other end of the cable. Also the termination of the far end of the transmission line generates a much longer reflection then the one at the source end so it actually is more critical to terminate the DAC input right.

Anyway I do not care about this anymore. I have a powerdrill and spare 75ohm jacks here, so I don't think i'll ever use an external DAC without correct termination
evil_smiley.gif
, pity about the warrenties though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back