Aeon Flow Closed Vs LCD-X VS EL-8
Dec 6, 2017 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

freitz

100+ Head-Fier
Current Setup:
EL-8 Closed
Deckard Amp/Dac
(Was using Mojo for travel but sold as I usually don't bring the EL-8's because no room by the time I pack laptop, camera, and drone.)

Looking for a slight upgrade. I like the sound signature of the EL-8 its warm and relaxed and these the best headphone I have owned but don't have to much experience in the mid-high end range. Budget around 1k.

I was leaning toward the Aeon Closed since I wear headphone typically all day, and then most of the night if gaming and listening or editing photos/video and listening. I work from home in my office. I have a 2 year old who sometimes scream and the isolation of the EL-8's are great as I can zone out and get work done. Never owned a paid of mid-high end open headphones. It seems all who have open mid-high end cans also have Closed, but not all closed can users have open cans. I would like a good all arounder as you will from my wide mix of music.

The LCD-X seems like a more logical upgrade however the weight scares me. The EL-8's are heavy and noticeable, not always comfortable; there are points on the head where you feel these. At the time these seem to be the best that fit my needs.

Will be using the Audeze Deckard to drive whatever I decide.

Music I listen to:
Country
EDM
Alternative
Pop - depends who is singing
80's

I think I narrowed it down to these two looking for advise from the Forum.

Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back