AEON Flow Closed - too many mixed reviews !
Feb 20, 2019 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xenoVa

500+ Head-Fier
ÆON Flow Closed is one of the most popular headphones around $1k range. There are a lot of reviews of AFC and these opinions differ a lot. I've never seen a controversial headphone like this !

Some people say it plays every genre very well, is one of the best headphones and a steal for this price; some peple say it is boring, dull and lacks bass and dynamics. People either love or hate this headphone.

For this discussion, please assume that a high-end gear like iBasso DX200 is being used, because it is meaningless to buy this headphone if you can't feed it with a good source.

This is my approach after reading thousands of reviews: AFC is a neutral headphone so "bassheads" listening to EDM, rap, pop etc. will hate this headphone and complain it has no bass - actually AFC's bass is just balanced but they wish overwhelming bass. On the other hand, people listen to mids-highs centred genres such as classical, opera, jazz, soundtracks, some metal, some rock will fall in love with this headphone. Addiotionally, warm, relaxed highs sound preferers won't be a fan of AFC while clean, direct sound preferers will do.

Is my approach correct ? In your opinion, who will like AFC but who will not? Let's discuss !

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 3
Probably better to post this in the AFC thread to get comments from owners

Feb 20, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Just sold my Focal Elear and Sony MDR Z1R. Bought the AFC and couldn't be happier. AFC smokes them both in comfort. Better overall tonal and frequency balance. Not an HP however for hard rockers. If you want the most comfortable, least closed back sounding closed back while not breaking the bank, I believe the AFC is at the moment the best can available. IMHO of course....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back