Aego M vs Altec Lansing's FX6021
Apr 27, 2006 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Fizban

500+ Head-Fier
How do these 2 compare?

I'm interested in getting either for my ipod.

I like lush mids, clear and soaring highs, and nice boomy BASS! Haha!

Apr 28, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 11
Thanks guys.

So which will give a good overall performance?

Will the Aego M do for rock, rap, dance tracks?

May 6, 2006 at 1:38 PM Post #6 of 11
But i've been hearing great, rave reviews for the 2 of them!

May 13, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ]|[ GorE
Only if you like Grado brightness.

I know you created a new thread, but I figure this is probably the place to write about it since you're pretty much just replacing your question with the Klipsch instead of the MX6021... heh.

I don't believe we get the Aego-M stateside (correct me if I'm wrong) so I cannot vouch for it. I do own the Klipsch Promedias and can vouch for the fact that they can be a little on the bright side, in fact, quite brighter than Grados get. I wouldn't consider the Klipsch's bass boomy, but I would say it's punchy. I listen to rock, trance, some D&B, and just about everything else under the sun, and I think it's quite adequate for what they are.

If you really want your bass, give the Logitech Z-2300's a try, if they are available too. It's a nice gaming speaker as well, but I went for musicality and I feel the Klipsch is better suited for that reason.

As far as the MX6021's go, they're a bit on the pricey side, and I couldn't justify more than $150US for just computer speakers, especially for just a two-channel setup. I have heard the MX5021's get some pretty decent reviews for its musicality though, but I haven't had a chance to check them out.

For whichever speaker set you go with, while they will make some difference to your onboard sound, I feel that it just doesn't do them justice without a good sound card.

May 14, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #9 of 11
Thanks dude!

I will be using my ipod video as a source, so no sound card involved.

I am looking at the Promedia 2.1 but it seems like it's phased out for the gmx series?

May 14, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizban
Thanks dude!
I am looking at the Promedia 2.1 but it seems like it's phased out for the gmx series?

From what I've read, the Promedias are better than the GMX's and there's not a huge price difference between them at the places I have checked.

I don't think they've been phased out, and both systems have been out for a while. If they are being phased out, that's news to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back