Aego M or Yamaha HS50M (Hi-fi speakers or monitors)
Sep 15, 2011 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

rory88uk

New Head-Fier
Yes It's a strange question and maybe not the right forum either but worth a try!

Basically I need a set of speakers for my DJ setup. I use Traktor Pro 2 hooked up to a Traktor S4.

Ideally I want an accurate sound so this is why I am considering a decent set of monitors.

From my research it seems the Yahama HS-50M's is the way to go. My problem is the price. The Yamaha HS-50M costs around £265. For £125 I can buy a set of Aego M PC speakers. I already own a pair and they are absolutely amazing. I'm sure they don't have a flat response but having mixed with them previously I find the bass is great and the sound is very analytical overall (which makes it very noticeable when my mix is out of time!)

So really I am looking for advice. Is a set of highly regarded monitors worth the extra money?

At the moment I am edging toward just buying another set of aego m's as I am able to monitor the sound through my headphones - I have the Sennheiser HD280 which are meant to have a flat response. (I am also thinking of changing these to the hd-25ii or aiaiai tma's). I guess my question could be interpreted as - which is better for monitoring, my Sennheiser HD280 or a pair of Yamaha HS-50M's costing £265?!

Oh and slightly off topic - but I tried a pair of Audioengine A2's in my setup and didn't like them due to the exaggerated and boomy bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back