Aegis DIY Tube Headphone Amplifier
May 22, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #362 of 2,466
On a side note, at what point should we reach out to the vendors again? I sent the email inquiry to Elma and lundahl contacts Friday morning but no word back yet. I don’t want to be a bother, though so I haven’t sent a new inquiry.

David at landfall has been amazing, and mouser and Jupiter have already shipped.

May 22, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #364 of 2,466
On a side note, at what point should we reach out to the vendors again? I sent the email inquiry to Elma and lundahl contacts Friday morning but no word back yet. I don’t want to be a bother, though so I haven’t sent a new inquiry.

David at landfall has been amazing, and mouser and Jupiter have already shipped.
How much did the chassis from Landfall cost? Am figuring out my funding and what to get first to streamline the process a bit.
Probably going to get the hard to get stuff first (chassis, Lundahl and Elma) and then get the other stuff a bit down the road.

May 22, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #365 of 2,466
How much did the chassis from Landfall cost? Am figuring out my funding and what to get first to streamline the process a bit.
Probably going to get the hard to get stuff first (chassis, Lundahl and Elma) and then get the other stuff a bit down the road.

It's $310 plus shipping.

May 22, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #366 of 2,466
Your mission is to build one for me.
Don't you guys have weird mains voltage and stuff over there? Not sure I'm qualified. Would hate for this to end up like the golf cart. 🤣

Last edited:
May 22, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #368 of 2,466
For your info, Glenn said that 230v is better than your 110v. 🤪
All joking aside, for a tube amp more current is more better. At 115v there's twice the amp draw than at 230v for a given load. Therefore, 115v is better.

Joking reinstated, I have no clue what I'm talking about, but it almost sounds convincing, right? 🤣

May 23, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #369 of 2,466
Just so everyone is aware, Dave at Landfall reached out to me that they are getting pretty full up on orders with a busy schedule coming up, so lead time for any new orders now is probably up to five weeks.

May 23, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #374 of 2,466
Purchase Order looks like an Invoice, listing the items ordered. Simplify, instead of an invoice where a vendor asks for payment, a PO is you asking to order items. In B2B transactions this is a business committing to the purchase so the vendor can manufacture the items.

His language suggests he’s used to business customers..
Thank you for your answer.
Yes, can’t fault him on that. Maybe he’ll get used to deal with anonymous audiophiles in the next few weeks… or maybe not :smile:
I downloaded a free PO template I found on line and filled it out with a company name I've used occasionally, my shipping info, and the ELMA address found in Brian's email. You can just use your own name for the company name. Try here: https://templatelab.com/purchase-order-templates/ The pdf version is probably easiest.

Group buys are apparently not permitted on this forum. I don't know what the policy is over at DIYaudio, but perhaps one could be setup there.
Thank you for your help. I downloaded one of those templates from the link you provided, filled it and forwarded it to Brian. We’ll see if it works for him, I’ll let you guys know in case it might help other overseas fellows stuck into this.
When I placed my orders with Brian, he sent me a proforma invoice, so I did not fill out a purchase order form. I called him and gave my credit card information and provided my shipping information via email. Might be worth asking him if that is an option if you don't want to fill out the PO form @miter53 provided.
Thank you for your answer.
Now that the PO has been sent, I just hope that it’s good enough to proceed with the order and that Brian is a patient man when on the phone, since I can’t remember the last time I had an spoken conversation in English.

May 23, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #375 of 2,466
David said they can change headphone jack cutout to accommodate 4 pin XLR.

image001.png

based on attached pdf

Attachments

• nc4fd-lx-2-1854024.pdf
    63.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back