AEDLE VK-1 Limited Edition Headphones
Jan 6, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #166 of 183
Vk1- Don't see much love for these at Headfi. They've been reviewed v well elsewhere and they're now $350...and they look stunning. Are they worth it? I'm considering the Legacy or Carbons.
That is a personal consideration, but in my view they are. Completely hand made in France, so a unique piece of equipment, and never read one bad review soundwise.

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #167 of 183
That is a personal consideration, but in my view they are. Completely hand made in France, so a unique piece of equipment, and never read one bad review soundwise.

Cheers. They look a bit goofy on people's heads in photos.....alas that's a consideration for me as I only listen to cans outside and don't like looking like a DrWho villain. The carbon looks ok, but loses the bling factor. Geez I'm so shallow.

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #168 of 183
Goofy?!? Each to their own
Having seen and handled (not listened to unfortunately)one in person these are the most stunning headphones in the world by a million miles.IMO

If I didn't already have a fancy pair of French headphones I'd have a pair of these!

The Focal Spirit Classic can't compete with the VK1 being made in China using some plastic but probably pretty close in sound for same price?

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #169 of 183
Goofy?!? Each to their own
Having seen and handled (not listened to unfortunately)one in person these are the most stunning headphones in the world by a million miles.IMO

If I didn't already have a fancy pair of French headphones I'd have a pair of these!

The Focal Spirit Classic can't compete with the VK1 being made in China using some plastic but probably pretty close in sound for same price?

That guy in the second picture looks like a Cyberman without his helmet. :)
Come next payday I've got some thinking to do.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #170 of 183
Silver with brown leather is the one to choose.

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #175 of 183
I think they look awesome as a piece of industrial design, but a bit conspicuous on the head. Also decided to bypass "midfi" and go for the totl Beyer t5p. They look a bit less bling, but I hope it'll be near endgame as far as headphones go sq-wise.

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #178 of 183
This got a great write up in Headfonia. Has anyone had experience with this and the B&W P7? Which is better? Cheers.

Sorry it's a year later, but I recently picked up a pair in a store in NYC that's closing or relocating for $250 range and for that price they are definitely very good. Comparing them to my focal classics the VK-1 has better vocals and bass. Comparing the P7 which I demod and bought the Focal instead the VK-1 is much cleaner sounding. The P7 has a raspy vocal or poor timber in my opinion.

Nov 7, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #179 of 183
Bet I'm the only one on here who still owns and uses these...?

So bloody underrated, although I guess on ears have always been an acquired taste. Some of the best vocals and timbre I've heard below the 1k mark. Bass impact is pretty much ideal for me - very tactile and satisfying. Really good imaging too.

Nov 7, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #180 of 183
Bet I'm the only one on here who still owns and uses these...?

So bloody underrated, although I guess on ears have always been an acquired taste. Some of the best vocals and timbre I've heard below the 1k mark. Bass impact is pretty much ideal for me - very tactile and satisfying. Really good imaging too.
Still have mine as well…though they don’t get the hours. Prefer over-ear open-backs when I can. These are still beautiful though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back