Advices for portable over-hear headphones (rock music)
Oct 26, 2014 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

abbax

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, I'm searching for new headphones.
I would like neutral headphones with no too enphasized basses. I would use them everywhere, also outside or at work so, mybe, it would be better if they are closed.
As I said in the title I listen principally rock music. The budget is more or less 200$ and they would be used with portable devices.
After some researches I selected
V-moda XS 
Beyerdynamic T 51 P
Wich one is the best? Are there anyone better?

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 9
Honestly, I'd say the T51P or the Beyerdynamic DT 1350 would be good choices! The vModa XS is going to be a touch bassy but the Beyerdynamic should be much cleaner overall 

Oct 26, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #3 of 9
yes from the frequency graph I tought so...unlikely I'll not be able to try the 'phones before the purchase so I've to ask :p
so do you think the Beyerdynamic are ok? I've seen that the  DT 1350 have 80 ohm impedence...isn't it too much for smartphones? or it's compensated from the sensitivity (which i didn't find XD)

Oct 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #4 of 9
  yes from the frequency graph I tought so...unlikely I'll not be able to try the 'phones before the purchase so I've to ask :p
so do you think the Beyerdynamic are ok? I've seen that the  DT 1350 have 80 ohm impedence...isn't it too much for smartphones? or it's compensated from the sensitivity (which i didn't find XD)

Is it 80 q.q but yea smart phones might like something at 32 ohms

though what's i mportant isn't the resitance but the sensitivity, which might be listed on Beyers Web Site

but either Beyerdynmic will work. The biggest issue you'll have is comfort, as headphones in that style CLAMP DOWN NICE N TIGHT on ur head 

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #5 of 9
well I've a thin head so I hope i'll not have too many problems. The sensitivity is similar (109 for DT 1350 and 111 for t 51). Have you ever tried them? if yes, which one is better in your opinion?

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 9
I tried the Senn Heiser 25-II which has the same style of head band and I didn't find it too cumbersome. How ever the isolation was REALLY creepy xD I mean they REALLY ISOLATE YOU... like it's kinda scary xD 

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #8 of 9
Well i would prefer avoid buying a new amp...for Senn Heiser 25-II I don't know if a really good isolation is positive: i'll use phones also in street and i'll risk To be invested XD

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #9 of 9
Well i would prefer avoid buying a new amp...for Senn Heiser 25-II I don't know if a really good isolation is positive: i'll use phones also in street and i'll risk To be invested XD

well I use "open back" headphone in public as they offer 0 isolation, you hear your music and everything around you

Though if your on a Bus or in a small loud room then isolation is great, how ever if your moving around, not so much 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back