Advice with buying Sennheiser wireless headphones from CEX
Sep 7, 2018 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Artmuzz

500+ Head-Fier
I was looking at the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 over ear wireless headphones and see that there are a lot of good reviews about the SQ being brilliant. Recently, I was in my local CEX and seen a pair in mint condition going for £150 which I thought was good considering they are selling in the shops for nearly £300.

However, I have this horrible feeling that the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless headphone that CEX are selling could be possibly counterfeit fakes. How would I tell if those Sennheiser wireless headphones are genuine or fakes?

Isn’t it more difficult to fake wireless headphones than the standard cable ones?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #2 of 12
Most commonly with the early fakes, the holographic sennheiser logo sticker was missing.
To find the sticker you have to take off the right ear pad entirely, and it should be visible under the driver.

It's also worth researching this issue so you can find examples of what to look out for both ways.
Like here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fake-sennheiser-momentums.690491/page-11

Also genuine drivers should have a sort of frosted or milky appearance.
Fakes are usually transparent mylar.

Sep 7, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #3 of 12
Thanks for the reply.

I took the chance and bought the pair of Sennheiser Momentum wireless headphones at my local CEX and a I am guessing they are genuine because the ear pads have a leather smell to them and the audio quality is brilliant and much better than the audio quality of the Sony MDR-1000X which I bought at Curry’s which are a good pair of wireless headphones too. I think I have got myself a good deal with the Sennheiser Momentum open ear wireless headphones buying them for £150 considering they are selling for nearly £300 in the shops.

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 12
Sennheiser's web site has a page for you to check if your product is fake or not. You only have to type in the serial number of the product and the web site will show you the date of production of your specific device if it is a "real" one

Sep 10, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #5 of 12
Sennheiser's web site has a page for you to check if your product is fake or not. You only have to type in the serial number of the product and the web site will show you the date of production of your specific device if it is a "real" one

There is a sticker on the box with the web address to check if my Momentum wireless headphones are genuine. However when I type the web address it just takes me the the Sennheiser home page.

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #8 of 12
Sep 13, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #11 of 12
The website address is right on the box and if you don't, you are getting a fake product. If you do, check it yourself

In that case could you tell me what the web address is on the box to see if it’s the same web address on my box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back